Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rumor has it they are considering an autoloader due to the huge success of the 10-22 and the aftermarket arena. If it is true and they bring one to market... could be scary right out of the box. I know I'd not only buy one, but probably have my name on the list for a first run model. Anyody else hear of this? What would like to see in it?
I think and adjustable trigger, integral rail, maybe a take down variant.

Doc

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'd love to see CZ return to making a semi-auto. It would
be great to have another competitor that cares about
quality. I like to buy guns that are built well and not have
to tinker with them. The current run of 10/22's are disposable
toys, that with some money and effort can be made into
great firearms.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Cz-511

Does anyone have a 511 and how accurate are they? I have the 453 Varmint and I am very pleased with the accuracy. Does the 511 even come close, If it does it may be my next CZ.

Benchshooter

·
Registered
1,322 Posts

511's and 581's

Mine shoot quite well. Between half and three quarter inch groups at 50. I don't play around with ammo or bother with shooting paper other than to sight in so you could well do better. I also only use cheap scopes and don't bother with good rests when shooting as I prefer to shoot and sight in under the conditions I'd find hunting.

G

·
Danz,
Again your collection is the cream of the crop!!!
Someday I would like to travel to NZ...I hear there is a BRNO and CZ museum there;) :D

·
Registered
283 Posts
I was lucky enough to buy a 511 and I love it. I seriously do not think there is much need for after market barrels and such but a synthetic stock would be nice. The thing shoots very well, better than any stock Ruger 10/22 I have ever owned and I have owned about 10 of those and own three right now.

It takes a three hundred dollar aftermarket barrel to bring the Ruger up to the accuracy of a stock 511 barrel. The triggers on the 511 are tough and my gunsmith is afraid to do too much to it so if they became more readily available maybe more people would learn how to work on them and do trigger jobs.

Then there is the 611, owned one of those and miss it alot but I have learned to settle for a Ruger 10/22 Magnum which does OK and I have to admit the parts are there for it. Most recently I bought Volquartsen replacement extractors and recoil buffers for it. The Magazines for the 611 are going for $150 now and I can buy Rugers for $25.

We are all rimfire junkies on this website. My name is Paul and it has been two days since I bought a firearm.

·
Registered
886 Posts
They're perfectly normal for much of the world.
Very true............ours look weird to him.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Congratulations! I think you're cured of your addiction! :D

Me, on the other hand just bought 2 more guns today. :eek: :eek:
I'd love to but they're not CZ's or Brno's. And not rimfire's either. ;)
(One's a Baikal IZH-18MH in 7.62MM X 54R, and the other's a Winchester 1897 in 16 gauge.)

However I will post a picture of my Brno ZKW 465 .22 Hornet when it comes. :D

·
Registered
886 Posts
Sorry, I do try but I only have the 4 semi auto .22lrs from there it's onto the mags and then any of the other 140 odd Czechs
140 odd Checks :eek: ...................I've said it before, but I'll say it again. You are my new hero. :bthumb:

·
Registered
452 Posts
CZ need to start making their autos again, and American style stocks would be nice.

They'd be several times the cost of rifles like the Savage, Remington and 10/11, but I'd venture there' be more than a few of us who's buy them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.