Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
CZ "Sportster" Target Rifle Coming To Dallas!

Ok, my good pal CMJR hipped me to Becky at http://www.sportingarms.com/ . They are located in Lewisville Texas. I left her a voice mail saying what I was interested in ordering. She called me back with all the details!

Here is the scoop - she ordered this new CZ that was made for Jerry's, it's the American action on a target (laminant) stock. I have heard it called the "Sportster" and the "Target Model". Who the heck knows, but I can tell you that for $429 (plus sales tax) you can own one of these babies too!

I'll have mine next week.

Cheers!

Chris

·
Registered
10,623 Posts
So basically you are paying 131.00 extra for the stock.
Sportster Price $429.00
American Price $298.00
Difference = $131.00

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
recumbent said:
So basically you are paying 131.00 extra for the stock.
Sportster Price $429.00
American Price $298.00
Difference = $131.00
Close, an American would cost me closer to $339 but I think you're right. It is in essence an American in a target/lam stock.

I have read numerous posts here about buying an aftermarket stock and all that goes with that and I like this option much better.

Chris

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
Mr_Christopher said:
Swede I have a sneaky feeling I will like mine just as much. And you're notes here about the gun were the source of my inspiration! Thanks for the info and pictures and all.

Chris
You are most welcome.

·
Premium Member
13,072 Posts
I have never owned an "American" in .22lr, I have in both .17HMR and .17HM2. That said, I have owned a bunch of .22 rifles, and still own a 452SE and a Scout in CZ .22's.

I have never owned a .22lr rifle that "came in" as quickly as the "Sportster" did. By that, I mean, during sighting in. It started out at dead center but 1" low at 50 yards; two clicks and I was "in" and moving on to 100 yards, where I usually shoot.

About ten shots later I was "in" at 100 yards. I don't shoot for groups, but it is as least as good as any other .22lr I own, and better than any of my highly modified 10/22's, for instance. It shoots so good that I have not been tempted to relieve the generous barrel/stock contact - the barrel is in full contact with the stock down both sides and is the exact opposite of "free-floated".

I'm happy and fully satisfied. I'm a truyly lousy offhand shot these days (no fun getting old, the "fat" part is my fault...), so it probably was not the best choice for me, since it is not the best stock choice for rest use. I just couldn't resist.......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.