Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm eyeballing a CZ in a local shop that I think is a "Special" (the one with the stained hardwood stock. It looks to be brand new and priced at $199.00. I have a few questions for you CZ "nuts."

1. Will I get a decent cheek weld when I mount a scope with this model, or is it stocked strictly for iron sights?

2. I have a Simmons Prohunter 4-12AO that I bought a while back. It has a 40 mm objective and I think the scope is about 12" long. Can I get this mounted while keeping the iron sights on? I have no problem with taking off the rear sight and I guess I just want to get the scope as low as possible. Any thoughts or experience on this?

I'm pretty excited about these CZ's and they seem like a lot of "rifle" for the money. I'm not looking to get into the regular target shooting games, but I want a highly accurate plinker.

The darn gophers around here better lay low this summer! :D

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
The stock will surprise you. It's really pretty high along the comb, and if you get the scope mounted low, you'll get good cheek contact. Now, the bad news is you won't be able to mount most scopes low without removing the rear sight, and usually part of the base too. I use the that same scope you mentioned on my Special, and I had to grind down the rear sight base to mount it with medium rings. Another option is to mount the scope back far enough so the sight won't be in the way, but I think that's worse than mounting high. All this sounds worse than it really is. I love my Special without the rear sight base, and don't miss the iron sights at all. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Dave, I'm not familiar with that particular model. If the one you're looking @ has the "hog backed" comb, you'll probably have some trouble getting a good cheek weld with a scope :(
I have an Ultra Lux (28" barrel with the 300m rear sight and hooded front and humped comb) It took see through mounts, but I have a 4-16x50 on mine.
So the 40mm objective Simmons should fit with appropriate rings.
Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.