Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my original CZ - a 22lr Special over a year ago and it has performed beyond my expectations - the creepy trigger being the only drawback. But the rifle is a keeper - need to get the Brookie trigger kit or buy the adjustable sear.

Bought a CZ 22 Magnum last November - the rifle would not feed - period. Sent in the magazine for exchange and the rifle still would not feed! But now the new magazine has to pulled out - will not simply drop out when the release is pressed. I cured the feeding problem - turned out to be extractor related. I send in the magazine for exchange again and this one is worse yet! Takes considerable force to remove the magazine. Don't think I want to try for a 3rd time! Rifle shoots very well but the mag really has my enthusiasm for this rifle shot! Anyone want a CZ 22 Magnum for cheap?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have a CZ 454 in .22 Magnum and have not had a bit of trouble with it.

The magazine releases very easily and I have not experienced any feeding or ejection problems like you describe. Shoots very well too.

I am planning on ordering another magazine and am hoping I get one that works as well as the one it came with.

Have you talked to CZ and if so, what did they say? Just curious.

Joe

·
Registered
90 Posts
SOLUTION HERE!!!

I had a stuck magazine in my 452 American .17 HMR when it was new. I couldn't even force the magazine to engage the magazine catch. I took the stock off and examined the magazine well. Turns out that there's two screws holding the magazine well onto the receiver. If you loosen those two screws, you can move the mag well forward and aft about 1/32 of an inch. I simply pushed it as far forward as it would go and retightened the screws. Viola! Now the magazines drop free when the catch is depressed. Problem solved. Never had any feeding/extraction problems though.

Lemme know if you still want to sell your .22 Magnum.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just a word of info - I bought 2 10-round "polymer" mags for
my special, and neither would feed. I was NOT happy, given
what I paid. I live not far from J & G in Prescott, AZ and bought
a new mag from them. Lo and behold, seems someone had
reversed the follower in the other 2 mags. If you have a 10
round mag, and rounds from it strike at 12 o'clock to the
chamber, disassemble it and reverse the follower. Mine (all
three) now work just fine!

Hope this helps someone.

"There are three parts of your body that cause most of your
problems. One is your hands, and one is your mouth."

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"Maybe it is not the magazine that is the problem?"

Well , the original magazine that came with the rifle released and dropped out of the the rifle just like it should - in the same manner as my 22lr Special does. So , that is what led me to believe the replacement mags were at fault. I may try Accurat's recommendations - hopefully that will do the trick - then I will feel far more enthused about keeping my 22 Mag!

Thanks for the replies - Rob.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.