Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My VERY first gun was a BRNO.22lr (CZ's former name?). Bought it used, back when buying a long gun here in Canada wasn't such a pain in the *** (but I digress..).

Came with a scope, an old Bushnell 3-9x, front sight blade removed, as well as the rear sight. The bolt handle had been ground, bent, and otherwise multilated to get it to clear the scope...all in all, an UGLY looking set-up.

(What did I know, just got my firearms license two days before and was eager to get in the game)

Took her out groundhog hunting, and before we began, gave her a sight-in session. On the front of my friends truck we threw down a sandbag, and set up our portable taget holder a good 55 yds. away. Used some Winchester lead round nose ammo...nothing special.

(here's the CZ/BRNO sales pitch...)

A 5 shot group EASILY covered with a dime. Nuff said.

I regret the day I sold that rifle as part of a trade up for a 'prettier' stainless Ruger 77/22.

I'm buying another CZ...and this time she's not going anywhere!

Tim_Up_North

P.S. Go to any gun auction site and try to find a used CZ....good luck...owners don't seem to want to give em up...says something.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought mine new in the box in 1973, a BRNO 2 (CZ ZKM 452 Lux). I believe they were marketed as BRNO becuse it was thought at the time it was a more recognizable name?

With a 1" tube scope on BRNO steel rings , heavy receiver and walnut stock, it looks like a center fire; I got stopped once and was asked for my deer license when I was hunting grouse with it.

I still have it and have looked after it well in spite of it "chewing through" many "bricks" of .22 target velocity LR rounds and numerous trips to northern Ontario to use for head shots on grouse. This gun still looks like new and shoots as well as the experience you related.

It has been trouble free and I still love to take it to the range to pop metalic silhouttes at 40, 60, 80 and 100 meters.

This one is my favourites and is NOT for sale :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.