Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,920 Posts
I did a trigger job on a CZ .17HMR Varmint today for a friend--if it shoots as good as it looks, it'll be awesome!!! Great looking rifle. I want one in the American style--I just haven't ran across one yet. I'm interested to see how well it shoots as well.

· Registered
1,920 Posts
That'll look very good I'm sure. I prefer the thin black Pachmyer Decelerator Classic pads--they're very soft and stick to your shoulder like glue. Keep me posted on how the work goes when you receive your stock. Curley maple is a bit difficult because the chisel wants to follow the grain. When I get the barrel channel close to final dimensions I take a dowel and wrap 320 grit sandpaper around it and use that insted of a barrel channel cutter. I did this on a Fancy fiddle back Claro walnut stock a couple of days ago--it works well. Let me know how it goes--sounds great. I think I'll get either a AAA Claro or Exhibition grasde for my .22 lr CZ--put a Neider steel skeleton butt plate and grip cap, and mill a teel trigger guard (maybe) similar to a Kimber, to replace the stamped guard. It's a thought.

· Registered
1,920 Posts
The Varmint 452 CZ that my friend bought this past Saturday had a 50 meter test target also, about the size of a .270 bullet hole!!! We just mounted a Simmoms 6x18x40mm scope on it this afternoon--the jury is still out--we'll see how it shoots as soon as the weather breaks and the wind dies down a little. It was an amazing test target. I know the test targets don't matter, but a good one sure is encouraging!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.