Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

CZ 550 American vs. CZ550 Varmint .243

888 3
Anyone own or ever shot either/both of theese. Pro's and Cons? Expected Price? Not sure if the one gun dealer in town has or will get one for me anyways. Sure wish I had somewhere to go look at them in person...

Oh well. TIA
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a CZ 550 American in .243 and couldn't be more happy with it. All steel and built like a rifle should be. After only a very short time, the action has gone from smooth to buttersmooth. The short action 550's have a detachable mag. The set trigger is a very nice feature and set extremely light from the factory, but can be adjusted. Fit and finish are fantastic, although the finish on the stock is somewhat covering up an incredibly beautiful walnut grain, which of course can easily be re-done, though so far I can't bring myself to do it. Prices are typically between $450 and $500. Accuracy is good too. I shoot nothing but Sierra 85 gr. HPBT's with IMR4064. The best group I've had so far was laying prone with a bipod at 130 yards, the 3 shots can be covered with a penny. I'd post a pic of the target and the gun, but it wasn't working for me. My pic hosting site has worked on other forums, but I couldn't get even a URL to work here.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CZ 550 American

I would be interested in seeing those pics. If it possible (depending on your internet connection) I wouldn't mind an email. I use a cable modem so atatchments are fine with me.

Anyways if ya want [email protected] (lose the NOSPAM). Thanks either way...

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.