Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen the CZ 527 Prestige in either the .22 Hornet or .223 Remington? The Prestige costs approximately $200 more than the American does. Are there any opinions on whether or not is worth spending the extra money on the Prestige for the jeweled bolt and the upgraded hand-rubbed stock?

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I own a CZ M-527 LUX in .22 Hornet, and it is very accurate, plus it has open sights. I doubt very much if the "Prestige" models would shoot better. However if you are going for looks, and have the extra $200 to spend, then it might be worth it. Also the Prestige models come without open sights.

DAVID

·
Registered
471 Posts
Four CZ #527's

From left to right, Lux .22 Hornet, American .223, Premium .223, synthetic stock American .223 offered only in 1993 (Action Arms, Phil., PA). The Premium became the Prestige model. Mine is a few years old and has nicer wood (Turkish walnut) than the other wood stock guns in the photo but CZ has greatly improved the quality of their wood stocks in the last two years and I have seen many that surpass this gun. Deep blueing and a jeweled bolt do not affect the accuracy in any way. I no longer own the wood stock American, traded it off toward an AR, and replaced it with a .223 varmint in the H-S Precision stock, also have a 7.62x39mm carbine.

What does a new Prestige model sell for? If you live near north Georgia, I might consider selling my Premium model, it has less than fifty rounds through it. I seriously want a .221 Fireball and .17 Remington varmint.

[email protected]

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just bought a 452 with the upgraded wood. It is much nicer than my Varmint with a Turkish stock with fiddleback throughout. They use Claro which I think is far better than French, or English Walnut. (I think Turkish is actually a variation of English). My only regret with the 452 is that while nice, it's still not as nice as some 527 Prestige versions I have seen.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have a 527 Prestige in .223 and it is one of the most beautiful rifles imaginable, the long magazine excepted. It has wonderful wood and flawless blueing. The small Mauser 98-type action is a joy as is the single set trigger.

I would be happy to send a pic if that would be helpful.

I have a 452 American in .17 and a 452 FS in .22rf. and a BRNO K Hornet.

The BRNO is almost identical to the 527 except a slightly different stock shape and double set trigger. It has deluxe wood and a similarly wonderful fit and finish.

eric.

·
Premium Member
13,556 Posts
I have a 527 "American" in .204 Ruger. When I bought it, it was available with a "Fancy Walnut" upgrade, which gets you the better wood but not the jewelled bolt. It was, I think, a bargain at only a $25.00 USD upcharge and I am very glad that I got it. Not sure that I would pay another $175.00 to get a jewelled bolt...

RubEric: The "long magazine" problem IS solveable, and in an elegant fashion. Mine has been modified and looks 1000% better, in my opinion. If you can live with a 3-shot magazine, I believe that it is well worth the $65.00 or so that it costs.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=573779&postcount=16

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CZ Prestige .22 Hornet & .223 Rem

I would like to thank everyone who took the time to respond to my questions concerning the CZ Prestige rifles. As of yet, I am still undecided whether or not I will buy the Prestige. I am, however, leaning toward purchasing one of the two Prestige rifles. If I go forward and buy one of these rifles I will make sure to Post a photograph and other information on the rifle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.