Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

CZ 457 VPT and Lilja Barrel...Range Report!!!

3582 65
All I can say is....WOW!!! o_Oo_O

My Lilja .900 barrel came in and I got it installed on my 457 VPT. We spent Saturday working on a metal shop. Come lunch time we stopped for pizza and I broke out my rifle, sighted it in (4 shots total!!) and we all took turns trying it out. I had a steel target hanging at 50 yds I used to sight in on. This target has a 1/2 inch square hole in it used for hanging and that's what we decided to shoot at. Ammo used was a new lot of Norma Tac-22 that came in Friday and wind was low at 1 to 4 MPH. Three shooters and 60 shots later, only 4 shots did not go through the 1/2 inch hole. To say the very least...everyone was happy with the results!!!
Not a great range report....but it's what I had time to pull off. :D

Plant Tree Air gun Grass Trigger

Air gun Shotgun Wood Plant Machine gun

The 2 very low impacts and the 2 impacts just low right of the hole were sighter shots. There were 60 shots fired at the hole. You can see 2 solid impacts and 2 partial impacts around the hole. The rest went through it.
Wood Art Cross Grass Peace symbols

Font Soil Fun Flooring Sand
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

· Premium Member
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Finally made a decision on which lot # of Eley Match shot best. Looks like I'm going to be shooting it for a while so I tore down my rifle and made some minor adjustments. Didn't shoot a lot of groups but I think it is going to work very very well.

Did I mention...I really like my Lilja Barrel!!! :D:D

Here are the results with the Eley match today. Also shot a little bit of Eley Tenex. The number written in the top right corner of each bull is the number of shots fired. Targets are ARA Unlimited bulls.

Font Circle Electric blue Parallel Number

Product Font Circle Electric blue Parallel

Font Circle Electric blue Parallel Symbol

White Font Circle Electric blue Symbol

61 - 66 of 66 Posts