Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

· Registered
2,167 Posts
What do y'all think about this?

Did a little testing with 3 lots eley match. Each row has five 5 shot groups from each lot on an ARA Unlimited target.

Which row would you choose???? Top, middle or bottom row???

View attachment 345144

View attachment 345144
Those groups look nice. Yes, probably the first row wins?
I've got my fingers crossed. I blindly ordered two different lot# bricks of Eley Match last night from kss.
Figured on going with the bricks instead of just 20 different lot# boxes because it cant be that bad. I hope! It ain't cheap ammo!
Call me lazy I guess.

Hey, congrats on the success with your grandson! That's impressive in many ways.
Well done! He must be a well put together little guy. I hope my son will be shooting well by 7. Hes just 4 and not ready at all. He just doesn't listen well enough yet. You've inspired me!

· Premium Member
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Those groups look nice. Yes, probably the first row wins?
I've got my fingers crossed. I blindly ordered two different lot# bricks of Eley Match last night from kss.
Figured on going with the bricks instead of just 20 different lot# boxes because it cant be that bad. I hope! It ain't cheap ammo!
Call me lazy I guess.

Hey, congrats on the success with your grandson! That's impressive in many ways.
Well done! He must be a well put together little guy. I hope my son will be shooting well by 7. Hes just 4 and not ready at all. He just doesn't listen well enough yet. You've inspired me!
Patience and more patience is what it takes.....even at seven yrs. old, the attention span is short. He kept wanting to do a victory lap on the gator every time he hit the chicken. LOL!!! Boy loves to drive anything he can reach the pedal on. :)

Let us know how the Eley ammo works for you. (y)

· Registered
2,167 Posts
Patience and more patience is what it takes.....even at seven yrs. old, the attention span is short. He kept wanting to do a victory lap on the gator every time he hit the chicken. LOL!!! Boy loves to drive anything he can reach the pedal on. :)

Let us know how the Eley ammo works for you. (y)
10-4
Hes lucky to have such a cool grandfather!
I would have loved to shoot or drive anything with my grandfather or dad. I was born into the wrong family! Haha
Keep up the good work, he will always remember these times. I guarantee it.

· Premium Member
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I have some SK Rifle match I've been wanting to try in my Lilja barrel but never seem able to make it happen.

Today I had just enough time before dark to either shoot groups or shoot an ARA Unlimited Target. So I grabbed the SK Rifle Match and shot a full Unlimited target. (y)

I fired 3 sighter shots, made an adjustment and confirmed with 2 more shots....then let her rip!!

Final score was 1800....I'll take it!! :D

Product Font Circle Symmetry Pattern

· Premium Member
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Another update!!

Had some more pieces to the puzzle come in this week thanks to my Wife!!! (early CHRISTMAS)

Got all of it put on and now my rifle weighs in at an awesome 15.5 lbs.

11 oz C&R Mercury Recoil reducer place in rear of stock.

Added 1 1/8" to the length of pull by replacing the butt pad with a Kickeez grind to fit pad and spacer.

Put an Area 419 Weighted Arca Rail on too.

Also wanted to say thanks to @PEASHOOTER67 for the Stainless trigger I put in a few months ago. (y)

Wood Automotive tire Bumper Snow Rim

Tool Wood Office supplies Metal Cutting tool

Air gun Trigger Motor vehicle Shotgun Automotive tire

Air gun Trigger Grass Gun barrel Shotgun

Plant Air gun Wood Bicycle handlebar Trigger

· Registered
171 Posts
What do y'all think about this?

Did a little testing with 3 lots eley match. Each row has five 5 shot groups from each lot on an ARA Unlimited target.

Which row would you choose???? Top, middle or bottom row???
I'd take the remaining 25 rounds per lot box and shoot a 25rd group at 100yds in calm conditions out of a cold bore and track the first 5 shots from the remaining 20. It'll give you both a really solid indicator of LR performance and what ifany cold boreshift you have. Any lot that performed reasonably better either metric of this test would win, even if its the worst of those 3 group lines at 50.

· Premium Member
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 · (Edited)
Any pics of the recoil reducer installed?
I didn't take any but I can get you some.

I ordered mine directly from C&R. Got a custom built 5/8"x 6" heavy, no threaded hole in the end. Weight came out to be 11 ozs.. I went with the 5/8" diameter so I wouldn't be drilling close to the sides, still had plenty of room to go. I just played it safe. I have enough room to put a second one in, if I want.

· Premium Member
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·

· Registered
25 Posts
This is where I got mine from. They work great!!

I just bought 6 8" gongs and hangers for about $215. Really fast shipping.They are fantastic. You can't hit the hanger. So far they have seen.22, .45 and 9mm at 50 feet with no dimpling. One thing, do not sign up for emails. When they hit two a day I unsubscribed.

· Premium Member
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Had a little time this afternoon so I had a go at 100 yds. No benches at this spot so prone it was. For some reason I never could get comfortable but still managed to get off some good shots.. Ammo today was Eley Tenex and all groups are 5 shots. A light wind picked up on a few of the groups but would fade away for a while.

Top left group was my first, made a small adjustment to the right and got busy with the rest.
Outside Diameter of large green circle is 2 inches.
Outside Diameter of small green circle is 1/2 inch.

Product Green Azure Font Aqua

Machine gun Air gun Gas Shotgun Trigger

41 - 60 of 66 Posts