Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the LGS it was suppose to be here on Wednesday before turkey day, it arrived this morning. A brand spanking new CZ 457 Varmint At-One, with a 16.5” threaded heavy barrel. No shot chart and only a 5 shot mag. :( The fit and finish is much better than the original one I bought, that now resides in a KRG Bravo chassis. I got my usual William FP-AG-TK rear peep sight and a temporary adjustable front pin sight. Hopefully either later tonight or early tomorrow morning, I’ll have it at the range, for it initial outing.

Hopefully this will remain in the Boyd At-One stock, I really like it on the Savage Mk II BVNSXP-SR, the so called green WalMart Special. But to hedge my bet, I did buy a CZ 457 synthetic stock, as a possible replacement, yesterday.

Table Wood Hardwood Desk Automotive exterior
Wood Hardwood Wood stain Varnish Plank

· Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The rear sight is a Williams FP-AG-TK rear peep sight and the front is a homemade temporary adjustable front pin sight. All part of my open/iron sight shooting.

· Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The rear sight is great, fully adjustable, lockable to hold settings and does not interfere with the stock.

The Front sight is temporary, until I find a better sight assembly, this is an initial set up, I guessing the pin will be lower after it sighted in, this gives me a front sight height, for later. It’s not pretty, but it works.

Air gun Tire Trigger Machine gun Wood
Air gun Trigger Wood Machine gun Shotgun
Wood Camera accessory Flooring Floor Tripod
Furniture Table Air gun Wood Trigger

· Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I guess if you play with the front sight distance it will act like a tuner ?
Not sure, I set them at the end of the barrel, right where the thread protector meet the barrel. I need a front sight, I’m not about to drill and thread the barrel, so until I find a better solution, it works, the collar after machining weighs about 2 to 3 oz.

· Premium Member
667 Posts
According to the LGS it was suppose to be here on Wednesday before turkey day, it arrived this morning. A brand spanking new CZ 457 Varmint At-One, with a 16.5” threaded heavy barrel. No shot chart and only a 5 shot mag. :( The fit and finish is much better than the original one I bought, that now resides in a KRG Bravo chassis. I got my usual William FP-AG-TK rear peep sight and a temporary adjustable front pin sight. Hopefully either later tonight or early tomorrow morning, I’ll have it at the range, for it initial outing.

Hopefully this will remain in the Boyd At-One stock, I really like it on the Savage Mk II BVNSXP-SR, the so called green WalMart Special. But to hedge my bet, I did buy a CZ 457 synthetic stock, as a possible replacement, yesterday.

View attachment 346025 View attachment 346026
Congrats on your new rifle, Sir! :)

The 16.5" barrel looks correct in this stock... unlike in the Manners.
After some perhaps heavy seasoning I see well sub-MOA accuracy in this rifle's future... but that may or may not require a scope(y)(y):cool:

· Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I use the smallest 2 piece shaft collar possible, bore to the barrel diameter, machine a flat (for the lock nut), drill and tap for the adjustable front pin. While not pretty it works. It’s adjustable right or left, by moving the collar and up and down for height.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts