Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

CZ 455 trigger?

1846 Views 19 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  sunnyside
This is my first post here. This looks like a great site with good people full of good information.

I recently picked up a 455 American. After a through cleaning the rifle is really beginning to shoot well. I have adjusted the trigger but it is still full of creep. I have looked at the various threads here about the triggers but can't find anything on the Timneys.

What would be my best route to getting the creep out of this trigger?
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
202 Posts
I put the Rifle Basix in both my 455 & 452...a little more expensive than going the YoDave route but I'm not fond of fiddling around with triggers...
From what I understand, you may have to do a little inletting for the Timney...

· Registered
125 Posts
I too yodaved my 455 American. 2nd thinnest shim took all the creep out, & the 2nd heaviest spring in the kit produced a pull range of 1lb 12oz to ~2lbs 14oz depending on how the adjustment nut is positioned. The aftermarket sear is pricier, but I can see how it would be handy if the pretravel in a rifle were "in between" the sizes of the yodave shims.

· Registered
2,796 Posts
Take a look at the PMTJ (Poor Mans Trigger Job) the instructions are located in Sophia's outstanding sticky at the top of the forum. I used the modified version on my 455. :bthumb: Links below.

Standard PMTJ.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197288

Modified version.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=343817

Helpful hints for the PMTJ.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=431794

Hope this helps.

Looking back at the thread I noticed that this was your first post so let me add :Welcome: to the ward.

· Registered
5,637 Posts
Before spending $18 on a kit, I'd try an ACE Hardware #144 spring. It will lower the let-off weight and possibly improve or eliminate the creep. Can't hurt to try it for a cost of 65 cents. It sure worked on a friends 455.

· Registered
3,228 Posts
I did

an adjustable sear on my special, one thing about installing it is take the mag well off!:eek: It make things a lot easier! Now no creep or overtravel!:D DIP makes them but I used the AS sear from midway, a little less expensive then a Timney and it fits right in where the stock sear was! good shooting!:bthumb: Doug

· Registered
3,181 Posts
I had a fair bit of creep w/ my new 455. Just looking at the sear I could see substantial sear engagement. Pull weight wasn't objectionable as it came from the factory. I can't see how merely a different spring would get rid of all that creep, I installed a YoDave kit (third thickest of the shims) and now, no discernable creep at all. Highly recommended. :bthumb:

· Premium Member
58,322 Posts
The PMTJ offers a nearly endless range of adjustment, the Brooks/Yodave gives you four choices, I've done a lot of both of them and now do only the PMTJ.

· Registered
153 Posts
Is there any 2 stage triggers available for the 455? I have a Jackson 2 stage in my highpower rifle and would like to have the same thing. I have not found one therefore have been thinking of going to an Annie instead of CZ but I like the price of the CZ more. :)

· Registered
3,022 Posts
I am not fond of screwing around with triggers so I took it to my gunsmith and had him do it while he was recrowing the barrel.

I am using my 455 for my Silhouette rifle and I need the trigger to be over 2lbs. to keep it legal.

It was just safer and easier to let a pro do it!

· Registered
248 Posts
The 455 i bought had a Timney installed on it, i like the trigger it has a sharp edge on the trigger shoe itself that needs attention but other than that it is very nice. Is it worth the extra money, i don`t know time will tell. I only paid $350 for the rifle so i think i got a great deal.

· Registered
162 Posts
I used the Yo-Dave kit on my 455 and it all but eliminated the creep, and has 1.25 lb pull weight. I think you can get it on Ebay.
Just also completed installation of the yodave trigger kit on new CZ 455 American with very similar results -- 1.5 lbs pull and no noticeable creep. Could adjust out to 2.0 lbs with the square nut but 1.5 lbs is really nice for my use.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.