Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having worked on and shot my 453 for a few days I have found:
The standard trigger pull ( not set ) is about 4 lbs. and set is about 6.5 oz. with factory parts. Have not tried to alter or change any parts.
I have shot most groups at 25 yds. and a few at fifty. I have several 5 shot groups at .250 in. at short yards and not much larger at fifty. SK standard + and wolf MT are the best so far.
Roscoe

·
Registered
282 Posts
RHM43 said:
Having worked on and shot my 453 for a few days I have found:
The standard trigger pull ( not set ) is about 4 lbs. and set is about 6.5 oz. with factory parts. Have not tried to alter or change any parts.
I have shot most groups at 25 yds. and a few at fifty. I have several 5 shot groups at .250 in. at short yards and not much larger at fifty. SK standard + and wolf MT are the best so far.
Roscoe
How long did it take to get? Or was it availble off-the-shelf?

I'm leaning towards a 452 or 453 American in 17mach2.

Do you feel the 453 is a good value? Many here have dismissed it as over priced without even shooting one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BobD
Yes, the tange screw ( Back ) goes into the back of the trigger hanger and the screw just in front of the trigger guard goes into the receiver.

Airhead
I got the 453 off the rack, only one to come in.
For me, yes it is a good value. The wood is a good very dark Walnut with a little figure in it and it is like having two triggers in one. Also it cost less than half what my Cooper cost and shoots as good. Cost...459 + tax and ammo.

Roscoe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.