Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went too my local gunshop this morn too look at the russian izmash toggel bolt 22 again.after shouldering it several times thought it too be too short.my buddy who works there said he had a cz in the back i should look at,he brought out a cz-452 ultra lux with a 28" barrell.i didnt think i would like a 22 rifle with such a long barrell ,but after shouldering it i was amazed.this gun feels great .i will be putting a scope on it ,anyone have any suggestions as too what scope too use say $200 or under.where can i get this trigger assembly i keep hearing about for the cz?anyone have 1 of these 452 ultra lux and how do you like it?this is my first cz any help would be greatly apprec thanks don,
keep on bangin boys:D

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I recently purchased a CZ 452 Special. You are going to like this rifle. This is a very accurate rifle right out of the box. As for scopes, look around. There is a big selection in the price range you mention. I have a 12 yr old Leupold Alaskan on mine. Fixed 4X. However, I prefer to shoot mine with iron sights. The iron sights on this are just too good not to use.
As for trigger, I suggest you shoot this rifle for awhile before you do anything to the trigger. It is pretty darn good right out of the box. However if you insist, go to (http://ebrooks77.50megs.com) for info on the trigger kit. Hope this helps and welcome to the club of happy CZ shooters.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Don, I've got the same rifle. I have a 4-16x50 on it. I had to use weaver "see-thru" 22 rimfire rings ($15 @ wally-world) to get it high enough to clear that darned rear site.
It's amazingly accurate out of the box. With that LONGGGGGGGG barrel, it is also VERY quiet compared to say an 18-20" barrel.
Paul

·
Registered
123 Posts
They are right! You will like the Ultra-lux!

I've bought 2 Ultras, so far, and they both shoot great with no modifications. You can back off on the trigger spring all the way to lighten up the pull, but the spring kit from Brookie is the way to go. Ace Hardware has some lighter springs that you can cut down to the right length that work well enough, if you don't have any creap in the stock trigger.

As far as scopes go, well that's going to depend on what your going to use it for. I use mine for small game, targets, and general plinking.

The rear sight will come off by first pushing down on the pivot point and pulling rearward. It's a little tricky to get off on some of them.

I would suggest you go for one of the shorter variables that will mount behind the rear sight mount. The Ultra has a high comb on the stock so the high rings work best. They also get you the clearance for the bolt handle lift. I went for the Bushnell Trophy 4-12X40 AO and a set of Millett 22 caliber high matte rings. This setup will work for up to 44mm objectives, but I don't know if it will work for a 50mm AO. The Bushnell was $150 and the rings were less than $20. There are several good scopes in your price range so look around. The adjustable objective scopes are great for the multi-purpose rimfires, as they alow you to get the cross hairs and the target in precise focus.

Millett also makes some high rings for the CZ/Bruno that are the best match for the 11mm CZ rails. I found the 22 Caliber rings work OK, if you can't get your dealer to order some for you. The Milletts are also windage adjustable to center the scope over the reciever.

Let us know how things work out for you.

Jim W.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.