Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

CZ 452 Adjustable Sear

2850 34
Hello, I purchased a CZ 452 about 2 years ago to shoot rimfire silhouette. I looked for a while for a simple way to improve the trigger pull, but didn't find an easy aftermarket product. So, I designed my own sear shown below, that has setscrew adjustment. It is actually carried by Brownell's now. It is Brownell's number 100-000-749.

The sear is manufactured on an EDM from 57-60 Rc 440C Stainless Steel.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
several posts

There have been several posts here and some pictures of this sear, its nice but a bit pricey. I think it runs about $80.00 bucks im told. Almost half the price of the gun itself. (Special, $199.00).
Jerry

·
Registered
7 Posts
The price makes you wonder, what would Mr. gunsmith charge to drill and tap a factory sear and put a little screw in it, HMMMMMMM.

I bet coming up with a makeshift plunger wouldn't be hard either,
probably well worth the money.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sear Quality and Price

I greatly appreciate the positive comments on the sear quality. My goal was to create a quality product. I actually include an extra ball for the sear, because I know those things can get away from you easily. I can also sell extra balls for $.50 each plus shipping to someone that has purchased one of my sears.

The manufacturing process used is expensive, expecially since the currently produced quantities are low. I wish I could sell them for less and still make any money.

I think Brownell's is selling them for about $65, but I'm not sure. Can someone tell me for sure? According to my deal with Brownell's, I'm not allowed to undersell them.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I just looked - on brownells web site, the sear is listed at 77.25. Too bad you can't offer any specials here, but I can understand that they don't want to compete with you!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Promotional Deal

I've made a couple of phone calls and feel that I can offer a direct price of $65 including shipping to Rimfirecentral.com members without stepping on toes. I will honor this price until February 15th.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
A suggestion for the "plunger". I saw a guy use hex head screw, with the head rounded by chucking it in a drill and grind against sand paper. The shank was then cut to proper length.

Any chance of shipping to Thailand ? We have tons of CZ here.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Answers

I believe the picture was made in the cocked position. The setscrew was not adjusted.

As I was browsing the forum yesterday, I noticed that MangesMade actually had better pictures than I did of a sear installation. Did you see his post?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Duece.....btomkins

Duece.....I put a series of pictures of the sear on here. One thread was the before and the other thread was after installation, showing the sear in various position.
btomkins.....I was going to bring the thread up for Duece but I can't find it.....I could only find the before pictures.
If you saw it please post a reply to it and it will bring it back to to todays date.....THANKS
Looks like the Moderators have deleted my post :confused:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi, btomkins I was just wondering if You are selling alot of sears through brownell's ? If that is a profitable business deal for you I wouldn't change it . If they are not selling then You may want to look into marketing through this web sight . The main sound bite about the CZ .22 rimfire line seems to be " best bang for the buck " . Meaning most (not all !!) the CZ owners are cost conscience. There is more traffic about these rifles here than any other site I visit. I wonder how many VQ hammers ( 10/22) have been sold on advice from this site ? Also a lot of CZ owners on this site have more than 1 CZ .22 rifle. I see you are offering the members here a special price of $65 shipped until 2-15-03 . Still tough to beat Brookie's $9 or $10 kit available to all . Hopefully through marketing and volume eventually they ( adj sears ) will come down in cost . Be along time I think even at $65 bucks tho ..............WVleo

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Re: If you really want some feedback....do this

Pdwight said:
Sell 10 for 35 to 45 bucks to the first 10 folks on here that want one as a special promotion. Do this as a 1 time thing and you will get some good feedback. nothing like R&D !

I'd even be willing to be one of the 1st 10 folks!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I'd take two at 35.00 each, but I think they are a bit too expensive at 77.00. I've changed the springs and stoned the sears and triggers on my two Americans and they are both very good. That is a nice sear and it'd allow a little more adjustability if it works like I think it would. I'd guess if these are made on a CNC machine and then hardened and ground. CNC's are expensive. I think 40.00 total would be a fair price. I cannot see a lot of people paying the 77.00. I looked on Brownell's site when Mangnes put the pic's of his sear on the forum and the price turned me off. Brownell's always has been an expensive place to buy parts--but on lots of things, they are the only supplier, and I am thankful that they are in business. Great idea with the sear. I wish you the good luck with the sales--it's a nice product. Wish I'd thought of it!!!:D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.