Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

CZ 452 @ 75 Yards

1515 15
Anyone have any pics of targets using 22LR subsonics @ 75 Yards. I shoot a 452 Varmint 16Brl. with a Brook's trigger kit & spring & screw set from J&P Custom. So counting all modifications I have about $40.00 in it. I use a adjustable front rest with the rifle against my shoulder & I get 1" groups. For me that a really good shooter. The reason I shoot 75 Yards is that I thought using subs at that range would be a challenge.

PS: After spending $1500.00 on my 10-22 it is as good a shooter.

Thanks,
Fred
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for answering my post, it seems that most shoot at 50 or 100 yds. I shoot at 75 yds. because I thing that distance is my limit using subs. The pics you posted are impressive I can't wait to the 75 yds.

Thanks,
Fred

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I was shooting at 75 today and while it wasn't with subs it was with cheap federal champion 510. I was getting mainly .5" main groups and about every other group had a flier that would open it up to 1". The sad thing is I ran Wolf MT and groups opened up to well over 1". It was all over the place. I have to pick up some more Champion and start sorting it trying to eliminate those fliers. For 1/3 the price it far outshoots Wolf in my rifle. A lot of people find Wolf to shoot amazing but it has never liked this rifle. I hope my 10-22 likes it as I have most of a brick left and I certainly am not shooting it out of the Varmint.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Had a few P.Dogs yesterday at 100+ yrds thinking the same thing :D

With the suppressor attached there friends stood up and watched(until the next pull of the trigger) = unbelievable fun
I had a few young groundhogs do the same thing at the 100 yd berm the other week. Quiet shots are incredible fun.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Im going to have to try some of them Dynapoints in my CZ! But @ 30 bucks a case :(, are they fairly consistant?
Those Dynapoint GTs are $19.95 a brick at Dicks. This is the first time I have shot those, maybe 50 rounds total and the WORST group was around .5" ctc (50 yards). Even the good groups did tend to exhibit the 4&1 syndrome (as the pictures show)

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Anyone have any pics of targets using 22LR subsonics @ 75 Yards. I shoot a 452 Varmint 16Brl. with a Brook's trigger kit & spring & screw set from J&P Custom. So counting all modifications I have about $40.00 in it.

PS: After spending $1500.00 on my 10-22 it is as good a shooter.

Thanks,
Fred
Wow,

I have $360.00 for the Varmint, plus about $10.00 in bedding material and my homemade adjustable sear.

total=$370.00

Now in my 10/22 $180.00, plus $80.00 bbl, 30.00 for bedding & rear pin, another $10.00 in set screws for hammer and sear.

total= $300.00

Both shoot really good, with the CZ holding a slight edge over my 10/22 with the 77/22 barrel. So I'd say out of the box CZ is way better. If ya like to tinker and do your own mods and not just bolt extra's on, you can get your 10/22 to shoot very very well. Take a look at the games in SuperStock that 10/22's shoot.

Now that being said the CZ's are my favorite followed by the Savages and the 10/22's bringing up the 3rd position.

Now as far as subs and Cz? Don't have any at 75 but have 1 at 25. I don't get to shoot past 50 much.

Remington Subs

·
Registered
318 Posts
I've narrowed my shooting down to the Dynapoints (white box) and 510's. Now I just need to make time when the wind isn't blowing and do some testing at 75 and 100 yards. Anyone getting tight groups with these ammunitions at 100 yards? How about the CCI std. velocity round at 100 yards?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Excellent job Pigeon Shooter. I have yet to get groups like that beyond 25 yds. I can tear holes at 25, but the eyes, wind, etc really lets them open up further out. Again, :t

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.