Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one on hold to pick up tomorrow and have a few questions before I commit.
It doesn't appear to have an attaching screw forward of the trigger guard/floorplate, just a swivel stud near the end of the forearm. Does this mean that it has the two receiver screws in the more normal place?
Anyone know for sure if the dovetail on this model is 11mm or 3/8"?
Thanks,
Jim...

· Registered
105 Posts
I don't have one, but the local dealer does and says that it has the two action screws, not the barrel lug. The groove is 3/8ths. Good luck. They sure look nice, I'm just not up to paying the price for the ammo.

· Registered
211 Posts
Saw one today for $400. Is that about right? It was slick and had a beautiful stock. But, like Frank, the ammo is really pricy, even compared to WMR! Runs anywhere from $14 to $9 around here. Hope someone else starts making it soon. The ammo price and availability is the reason I'm holding off.

Already have 2 Americans, lr and WMR.

And yes, it is a 3/8 dovetail. I think CZ has started including scope rings, but I'm not sure.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This one is $335.00. Not fancy figure in wood but good contrast straight grain, a little darker than some others I have seen. This one IS coming home with me tomorrow! Now for a good scope and ring combo. Any favorites?

· Registered
301 Posts
I took other peoples advice and bought BKL rings. I paid $21 shopped from Brownell's. They are supposed to fit both dovetails, and are "High rings" capable of being used with up to a 50mm objective. While it comes perfect for 3/8 dovetails, the base can supposedly be widened slightly by putting the clamping screws in a second hole in the base and turning them in, thus widening the base the little bit needed to get to 11mm. The screws are then put back into their original holes and used to clamp the rings tight to the dovetail. I also own 11mm rings from Beeman. They are about $30.

As far as scopes...it depends on your budget. For $150 I bought a Simmons Aetec 3.8-12 X 44. I now have 2 of them and think they are the best scopes for the money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.