Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

CZ 10-round polymer magazine problem

3405 Views 29 Replies 19 Participants Last post by  Mark1964
I have a new CZ brand 10-rd polymer magazine and have a problem with the last round that won't eject after firing. The case will extract but won't eject and just sits on top of the magazine. All other previous rounds extract fine so it appears maybe the magazine follower is somehow causing an issue. There is no problem with the CZ 5-rd metal magazine that I got with the rifle.

At least it tells me that I fired the last round and I just have to drop the magazine to clear it.

Has anyone had this same problem?
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Premium Member
1,752 Posts
I experienced this for the first time last week. I had three ten rounders that I never used much. Recently I bought two more since my SSA doesn’t work in that rifle (VPT MTR) and I want to shoot a match or two with it. I was trying it out and noticed that the last empty case wouldn’t eject and would be laying on top of the mag. It’s a non issue for me since the mag is empty and the remaining empty brass falls out when removing the mag.

· Registered
232 Posts
I have a new CZ brand 10-rd polymer magazine and have a problem with the last round that won't eject after firing. The case will extract but won't eject and just sits on top of the magazine. All other previous rounds extract fine so it appears maybe the magazine follower is somehow causing an issue. There is no problem with the CZ 5-rd metal magazine that I got with the rifle.

At least it tells me that I fired the last round and I just have to drop the magazine to clear it.

Has anyone had this same problem?
Yes, it happens often with any of my 7 10-rounders. And occasionally with my 5-rounders. I've learned to live with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
4,158 Posts
I never had this issue across 3 rifles and 4 10 round ( and 2 5 round) mags. For the sake of troubleshooting, does it do it if only 9 rounds are loaded? With a 12 rnd mag extension? With a snap cap in the 10't position?

· Registered
255 Posts
It sounds like a common problem based on what you guys have said. I just got my third 457 and it does this every mag load. It has never done this on any other 457 I've had. So, has anyone found a fix? In my case I was at the range practicing on ARA targets. I was using the polymer 10 rd mag but only loading 5 rds each time. I have several magazines but only used one yesterday. I realize it's not a big problem, I just like things to work the way they should. Thanks,

· Registered
699 Posts
My CZ 452 Super Exclusive often doesn't eject the last round from ANY of the fifteen polymer magazines I own. I suspect the follower isn't pressing the empty case sufficiently to give the extractors a proper grip. With cartridges in the magazine, the top cartridge does give sufficient pressure.

Having said that, my CZ 455 FS ejects all cases flawlessly from all of my magazines. This theoretically shouldn't be since the 455 bolt face doesn't hold the cases as tightly as the 452.

Probably the answer lies in how high the magazine is seated in its well. A difference in thousands of an inch could make all the difference.

· Registered
4,158 Posts
My CZ 452 Super Exclusive often doesn't eject the last round from ANY of the fifteen polymer magazines I own. I suspect the follower isn't pressing the empty case sufficiently to give the extractors a proper grip. With cartridges in the magazine, the top cartridge does give sufficient pressure.

Having said that, my CZ 455 FS ejects all cases flawlessly from all of my magazines. This theoretically shouldn't be since the 455 bolt face doesn't hold the cases as tightly as the 452.

Probably the answer lies in how high the magazine is seated in its well. A difference in thousands of an inch could make all the difference.
Perhaps adding a 1/16" shim or so of some slick polymer to the top of the follower would help? Would be worth an experiment anyway.

· Registered
699 Posts
The OP could experiment with duct tape to see if shimming is indeed the answer. If a strip of duct tape works than a permanent shim might be in order.

I am going to try it on my SuperExclusive.

Further to the OP's problem, he should try extracting and ejecting an empty with no magazine in the rifle. My guess is that the case will drop straight down.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts