Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What types of specialty bullets would cycle the 10/22's action? I am interested in the CB's, shorts, and subsonics, but dont know if they work in the 10/22. no use in manually cycling the action, thats not why I bought the autoloader...

Thanks,
Walton

·
Registered
68 Posts
Most target ammo is subsonic and will cycle the 10/22 action. Shorts/CB, besides not functioning from the magazine, won't work the action and neither with CB Longs.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Remington SubSonics and Aguila SSS work very well in my 10-22. Accuracy goes to the Remington on that though. The SSS are very heavy and slow. They group about an inch low and really need a 1 in 9 twist barrel to stabilize.

·
Registered
536 Posts
you can use your mag with cb longs, but you have to manually cycle bolt somewhat slowly to avoid jams. (they are good if you want very quiet, rem subs arent too much quieter than reg ammo IMO

·
Registered
818 Posts
Subsonics Will

Match Pistol ammo from several brands will work. CCI LR Standard Velocity works semi-autos and is no louder than the subsonic brands. The shorts and CBs can be fired singly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.