Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking about taking my factory stock to a local auto body shop and having them paint my stock a dark red or a blue of some kind with a metalic flake in it. if any one has one i would love to see pictures or get feedback plus let me know if you have any ideas along that line

·
Registered
142 Posts
I wish you the best.. I didn't have too much luck in Houston as they didn't want to mess with it, too little money and I think they were worried about screwing it up. You might want to focus on really small shops and/or shops that do motorcycle work.

I got lucky and saw an ad for a guy who was a sign painter that also did custom cars/bikes/helmets. I got him to do my shotgun stock. It wasn't a simple one color, I had him airbrush a design. He did it in PPG paints with a clear coat on top and it is really colorful and durable. Now... that cost me serious $$$ but it was a one off design. Flames and a checkered flag. I can't post attachments or I'd attach a picture.

You might also try.. http://www.lauerweaponry.com/ for kits you can use to paint your own.. most of the colors are focused on military/camo. I intend to do some painting next week but have no direct experience yet (other than seeing some of the finished guns and they looked good).

Another option is http://sportcoatgunfinish.com/sportcoat_gun_finish.htm but he is backed up.. if you look around some on the web under 'shotgun painting' or similar you should find some other painters.

Good luck and let us know what you learn!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Just got a gun from Tuck where he clear coated the factory walnut stock. It is so 'brilliant', I am having trouble getting the lighting right to take a picture that does it justice! He's your man if you want your stock painted. :t :t

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
79 silver aniversary edition. it has 29K miles. not fast it is a 79 with a 6.6 in it bad years for speed but it does have a good look.

The mustang is a original number matching boss 302. Just finished it for a friend after a 10 year on and off restoration.
I dont think it will ever be for sale.
Fan of 22s said:
Trapster, sorry for the hijack of your thread, but I must ask......

Tuck, what year is the TA? Had a '73 Formula with the 400 engine. It was a tire squealer! Like the '70 Boss too!

·
Registered
481 Posts
Another vote for Tuck, can't say enough about the great job he does. I had a local guy paint one for me, charged more and I could have done better myself. I also had one done by somebody else on here and it just sucked, thankfully he isn't on here anymore. Bottom line in my experience Tuck is the go to guy for painted stocks.

Ross

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.