Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
There was a VQ Custom .17HMR with a VX-5000 in a shop I was in last week. Hadn't seen one for a while, but I'm not sure if the VX-2500 is still in production.
I'd call the VX-5000 a "hybrid".... an aluminum forend and "inletting" area, but with a fiberglass buttstock. It weighs in at a little over 4 pounds if memory serves. The gun I looked at with an SS Barrel and a steel receiver in a VX-5000 was one heavy piece of equipment! :eek:

The only other production "aluminum stock" that I know of (and actually own) is the RB Precision "Evolution" HERE . Different animal. It's made to accept all AR-15 stocks and grips so you can set it up for whatever your particular applicatiion is.
I like mine, and it's one beautifully tight fit around the action and fully free-floats the barrel. While some will say it's more for the "assault weapon" set, because of all the target-grade furniture available for the AR these days it can be set up to be whatever is the most comfortable fit for you. It's fully CNC machined and starts out at 2 lbs 4 ounces before you add whatever stock set-up you want.

FWIW! ;) - Dakotan

·
Registered
35 Posts
I hate to toot my on horn here, but we do make aluminum stocks. We produce bullpups, but we do make custom stocks on order. Aluminum has some great qualitys for stocks, strong but light weight,transfers heat better than steel, easer to machine than steel, and by nature easer to modify. When properly beaded, you will be very surprised at how forgiveing it is to outside variables such as heat and cold. Aluminum can be tricky till you learn how to work it, but it can be made into a great little stock.
George Jr.
Dixie consolidated

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.