Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Crosman 2260

1452 15
Hi,
Just read and re-read an article in Varmint Hunter magazine, stating what a great gun the Crosman 2260 is. It comes with a scope for $159.95, claims to be made in the USA. You can not buy a decent scope for that kind of money. How could the package be anything but crap? Has anyone here bought or tried one?
Thank you,
jl
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
"a great gun the Crosman 2260 is. It comes with a scope for $159.95, claims to be made in the USA."
Well, I got a Crosman 2250B a couple of years ago, and wish I had gotten the 2260. They're made in Bloomfield, New York. Mine came with a 4X 3/4" scope, and that was OK, but I replaced it with a 1X red-dot scope. Better for aging eyes.

On the plus side, there are lots of accessories and up grades for them. No pumping, accurate, reasonably powerful, cheap.

Downside? I can't think of one.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
I'd personally would spend the money of the 2260 for a slightly tuned QB rifle...but that's me.
NOT me.

I have a QB79, now they call it something else, (made in Communist China) and it's a good one. But I would pick American Made and go with the Crosman 2260 if I were buying one today.

The chinco guns are OK, but they are actually a "kit" that comes to you assembled. To have a good one you must completely rebuild the thing. Workmanship isn't anything to brag about either. But with that said mine will shoot one hole groups all day now, not when I bought it though.

My Crosman 2250 shoots as good as the QB and is much smaller and more fun to shoot and it didn't need to be worked on to be a good shooter.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Hence, I said "tuned" QB.

Obviously you know this was based on "one" of the BEST American airguns ever designed..the Crosman 160.

There are more aftermarket parts for this QB than almost any airguns out there...so replacement parts and logistics is not an issue...basically its a SBC of airguns.

Glad you got your's sorted out though.

NOT me.

I have a QB79, now they call it something else, (made in Communist China) and it's a good one. But I would pick American Made and go with the Crosman 2260 if I were buying one today.

The chinco guns are OK, but they are actually a "kit" that comes to you assembled. To have a good one you must completely rebuild the thing. Workmanship isn't anything to brag about either. But with that said mine will shoot one hole groups all day now, not when I bought it though.

My Crosman 2250 shoots as good as the QB and is much smaller and more fun to shoot and it didn't need to be worked on to be a good shooter.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Crosman 2260/optics

Most people are claiming about 40-45 shots.I'm not sure if thats full power,my guess would be around 35-40 before the powerlet drops off[bulk it].Funny thing most posters are showing their "reworked/tuned" QB's that look to have upgraded optics.The 2260 package is what it is and you get what you pay for,even the optics.Which is a combo that has good out of box performance from what I've read on independent forums.If your like everyone here though,ya cant leave things be:D and will be down the road to mod city sooner or later.You'd be surprised at some low end optics though.I have some that cost me three times the price of what its being mounted on.Then I have some mid to low price units that actually surprise me with thier performance.I necessarily wouldnt call anything crap until I actually had a chance to see how it performs.But then again I'm the type that'll sometimes go mod nuts on a new toy because hey,,,its all fun:bthumb: !

·
Registered
13,160 Posts
How does this one compare to the new Crosman Discovery rifles? I know that they are half the price of the newer ones, but I'm wondering about velocity wise. I was in market for Flying Dragon QB78 tuned, but am waiting to hear if Discovery's high price is worth it. Both CO2 (with add on kit) and pump - the Disco looks good. :cool:

Both are lightweight rifles capable of plinking / hunting / informal target shooting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.