Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I'm an idiot for not figuring this out but I just replace my stock trigger with a VQ and for some reason my plunger is crooked. It is angled against the back of the trigger so when I pull it it slides across the back of the trigger about one to two mm. What would be causing this? Is it supposed to be this way?

· Registered
25 Posts
From the Outside -- In!

Start at the back of the trigger group at or below the hammer strut relief hole and angle downward to the same point of exit as the current trigger return plunger in the trigger guard. Tap the outer (rear) part of the hole and fill with a set screw for spring support (and adjust spring tension). To make it really sexy, use a long set screw with the threads machined off the first three quarters of an inch or so to act as a spring/plunger guide and you can have a trigger stop at the same time. The additional cost to Ruger during manufacture would have been -- what -- $0.50? (Drill longer hole, partly tap and the cost of a set screw. Everything else is the same but aligned better.)

Now you not only have to drill it out while avoiding wandering into the adjacent angled borings, but press in a filler tube before tapping. Still a nice mod, though.

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.