Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to my favortie gun store and put on hold a Ruger MarkIII 22/45. While I was going to get the purchase permint I had second thoughts. When I got back to the store I started to look at the BuckMarks. I looked at the 4" one and the 5.5 inch in a standard barrel. The standard barrel Buckmark followed me home and right to the range. What a pleasant session with it. I think I will go back in a day or so and put the 4" bull barrell BuckMark on lay away. I REMEMBER what Rugar said about a 10/22 that shoot a shot gun pattern at 25 yards. When I called the factory to send it back for a third time ; " We don't care about Acceracy!" And " Furthermore as long as the gun functions safety we don't care!" Hello Savage rimfire rifles. I would like to thank Ruger for doing me a favor. I have kept my promise to my self and not bought a Ruger nor will I ever. I just love my second BuckMark as mush as my first. :) :) :angel:

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
I've had a 10/22 for around 30 years and can't remember ever shooting paper with it. It is just something I picked up for use as a plinker. Heck, it hasn't "plinked" for several years. I do remember it has preferences in ammo as far as reliability.

I understand Pop's feelings. I had a brand new .22 S&W revolver back in '75 that shaved lead. The next S&W I bought was about 5 years ago, and it is an auto that I like very much. Still can't bring myself to buy a S&W revolver.

I've had great results with Ruger .22 pistols, but I always seem to shoot my best scores with Brownings, so they are the ones I keep going back to..........chim

·
Registered
635 Posts
Our 1st pistol was a Ruger 9mm.It would regularly leave the slide about an 1/8 inch from battery.I could probably fix that now but I traded it off for a Beretta 92 and haven't looked back.Last fall I thought it would be fun to try a rifle and thought a 10/22 would be fun cause of all the aftrmarket stuff for upgrades.What a piece of junk.The manual slide lock is almost unuseable and there is no auto slide lock when the mag is empty.Trigger was maybe 12 lbs and rough.It wouldn't reliably cycle anything less than CCI Minimags and really preferred Stingers.Did the 1000 rnds of Stingers per the Ruger guys here.Cut the recoil spring,polished the sliding block thingy.ETc, etc.Spent 3 months trying to get it to shoot and traded it at a 50% loss on a Buckmark rifle.First went to the range w/ a box of Federal value pack,the rifle,and my Silhouette.Shot 400 rnds w/ the rifle right out of the box and had one failure to fire and No failure to feed.Of course the pistol did the same as it always does.Almost wished I still had the 10/22.A fitting end would have been driving over it,or toss it into the Chesapeake, or some kind of crusher.Rugers are cheap junk and I'll NEVER buy another.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.