Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Joe! I only got out twice this month, the wind/weather/wife wouldn't let me....
--------------------------------------
25yds. Outdoors
249-9x Jerry Lowe. Corrales, New Mexico (JL)
Ruger 10/22. Simmons 8001116 @32X WMT
GM 20" Stainless. B&C Anschutz stock.
Wind was from my 4:00 gusting 15/25mph....about 40 degrees
50yds. Outdoors
236-3X Same rifle/info as above
I knew I shoulda left the toddies at home...HEHE! Thanks for all the great work! JL

·
Registered
22,250 Posts
Cheesh...

Next thing, Time will be selling HIS Time, buying a click clack and changing his handle to "Best10/22"

Looks like confusion reigns, Mr. JL ! :D :D

Ron

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Wait till you see my new gun that's on the way. We are gonna have to start a new gang (and I know there are more out there waiting to come out of the closet) to do battle with the Bolthead and Click Clack clans. :eek: GG

·
Registered
22,250 Posts
What cha gettin' Gordy? A rolling or falling block? They ain't much left 'cept a lever action, and I don't think they work too good for bench shootin'.

Ron,
It looks like the bolties are gettin' click clacks and the clickers are gettin' bolts.......The tides, they be ebbin'. The grey areas are gettin' greyer.
Yep! Confusion reigns and dammit, I forgot my umbrella!

J Freakin' L

·
Registered
852 Posts
JL,
I have a 25yd. score for this month.I shot it with a click clack.I will always try and shoot a clickclack every month I shoot.They is still my first luv.Just gotta try a bolt too.:D
Mike

·
Registered
22,250 Posts
Truth is, If I could figure out a way to put a one inch scope on my old Remington 511 without drilling any more holes in it, I'd be shooting it for giggles too.

These old eyes just won't co-operate with those cheap BB gun scopes anymore..

Ron

·
Registered
852 Posts
Ron,
Can't you buy gunsmith bases and drill them to fit the existing holes in your receiver?Just an idea.Then you could shoot it also.
Mike

·
Registered
22,250 Posts
Mike....

this old gal has one of those old stamped wrap around scope mounts on it that is drilled at about the ten O'Clock position on the receiver.

I've heard that they make one like it but for a one inch scope, but so far, I haven't been able to positively find it. It's a shame too, cause I'm fairly sure it could shoot right along side my clacker.

Ron

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Side mount

Paul Verhey picked up a 1" ring side mount for his Remington 512. Got it from a gunsmith in the northern part of Lower Michigan: A part of the USA us Yoopers call "Troll Land". If Paul found one there, they can be found anywhere.

Joe :)

·
Registered
22,250 Posts
Yeah, I've got a Rem 514 that I picked up at a gun store for 39.95 I wanted a truck rifle that I wouldn't mind if it got a dent or two. Dave Ill recrowned it and I installed Weaver #12 bases on it....Dang if it won't shoot one holers at 25yds with Wolf. Fun lil' rifle. JL

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
hey GG
OK you opened your mouth about a new gun--so tell us all the details about this new toy and tell us how bad you are going to beat Time again. Inquiring minds want to know. It's a what kind of action with what kind of barrel and a what kind of stock.
I hope it's a good one
graybeard
:D :rolleyes: :)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Dang, I think that JL must be Claire Voiant. :D

Yep, BSA Martini International ISU, left hand model. All original so I'll have to have the receiver drilled/tapped for a scope mount. I hear that Dan Lilja can make a barrel for it, so if it don't shoot that will be the first modification.

Can't wait! God I hate this 10 day waiting period. :mad: GG

·
Registered
22,250 Posts
Clair Voiant? Who the heck is that? Sounds kinda froggy....Hehe!

Actually you mentioned a while back that you was lookin' at a BSA.... Nope, the memory wasn't the first thing to go. :( JL

·
Registered
22,250 Posts
Gee, I didn't know they had WD-40 back then, I just figgered they chased down a grizzly and squeezed out some bear grease to lube their muskets an' such....Hmmmm JL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.