Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

corlight stocks

321 2
has anybody tried a corelight stock? Are they rigid like a Bell and Carlson stocks? Or are the more like a Butler Creek not very rigid. They sound like a good by at approximately $60.00

I'm trying to build my first 1022. I bought brand-new Woodstock blue. I want a lightweight gun for shooting varmint. This gun will be packed on my 4 Wheeler probably in some dusty conditions. Looking for a stock to take some abuse. Will probably buying a 16 in. fluted stainless barrel. Green Mountain if I can find one if not ??. And then also to some trigger work? Try to stay under $250.00 and the corelight stock at 60 dollars make it possible.If not I will go over my budget ,oh well:eek: :D
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Purchased one a while back. Very rigid and lightweight. Really a decent buy. I have the same idea that you have. Waiting to get my hands on a 16 stainless fluted. I bought the Mossy Oak camo model. Bought it at a gun show for $50. :t

·
Registered
771 Posts
I have a CoreLite stock in the basic slate grey (black). I teamed this up with an AlumaLite barrel, that I bought through Cabelas.
Cabelas owed me a refund on a pair of boots, and I wanted to try the barrel instead of another pair of boots.
Anyway, I have the 2 together, with a Weaver V10 that has been sent back to the factory and had the parrallax reset to 50 yards.
This made a nice light weight hunting combo, I really am pleased with the barrel and the stock.
If I wanted lighter and shorter, and was going camo on the stock, I'd take a look at a Whistle Pig barrel, and get it made to 16.5", without the compensator. They will also anodize it to a color closer to something that will blend with the stock, or a 2 color "marble" finish. They advertise there barrels at 15ozs for the 10/22 LR. http://www.wpgbc.com/ for a look.
Andy:t

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.