Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Listen up, all of you. Any behavior similar to that in the last thread with the same name will not be tolerated. Most of the worst posts were made by long time members here that should know better. :mad: There is no excuse for that kind of behavior.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Have you tried a pm to Leroy? Seems he was the bearer of the news.
Leroy didn't start the thread, he posted that he had spoken to Dan and Dan confirmed the rumor. Wilson supplied the non-custom ordered barrels for the Coopers. (You could special order other brands). As a supplier, they would have been among the first to know of any buyout opportunities.

Given the small size of the Montana shop and the large size of the Wilson Arms manufacturing plant in Connecticut, it's going to be tempting to consolidate manufacturing there. Like Kimber of Oregon and Kimber of New York, we might be looking at a Cooper of Connecticut.

·
Registered
638 Posts
LOL just playing with ya. Leroy and Connie Barry Owners of Canyon Creek Custom Gunstocks. They both used to work for Cooper.. Leroy helped in the design of most of the Coopers you see today. He was the main man when it comes to stocking Coopers. Connie was THE checker er and still is!

Many rifles you see posted on rimfire central under the copper section that are not stock he probably did. Connie's checkering is art work. Leroy and Connie not only put out beautiful rifles...they are closer to works of art!

Leroy also has many pieces done for the Anschutz guys.

http://www.canyoncreekgunstocks.com

·
Registered
638 Posts

Leroy and Connie did several of these...the prettist ones are from Leroy and Connie!

If you want something really special to keep in the family as a hand me down and can shoot sub MOA call Leroy tell him what you want ...what kind of wood you like. he will help you find it or he might have it. He will make you a work of art! kenny

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I called Cooper to day to ask about a lead time. I then asked the girl I was speaking to about the rumor I had heard. She confirmed it, they have been sold to Wilson. She also said they are staying in Montana and are going to continue to do business with the same employees that they have.The new owner was not going to change anything. My new Cooper will say "Cooper of Montana" on it!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.