Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Converting 10/22 standard to the 10/22 deluxe

837 6
Hi Folks,

Im just getting started in the rimfire world, after a couple of years doing centerfire and airguning...... so anyway, if I bought a stock ruger 10/22RB (thats the standard blued model) what parts aside from a new stock would I need to convert it to the sporter model (10/22DSP)?

Thanks,
Waltonshooter
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
10/22RB To 10/22DSP

waltonshooter,

Yes, to convert a Standard 10/22RB Carbine to a 10/22DSP DeLuxe Sporter, you would need to purchase the stock; this, coupled with the purchase of the 10/22RB for ~ $160. would push your total cost to ~ $310. :

0 Walnut Sporter Stock Assembly @ ~ $150. [B09201]
_0 Butt Pad included [D06304]
_0 Butt Pad Screws (2) included [D-84]
_0 Sling Swivels (2) included [MS07601]

However, if you are willing to settle for a checkered 'birch' stock, you can get the combination as the "Wal*Mart" 'Special' with a 22" ss barrel for ~ $215. ......! !

There are several differences between the "Wal*Mart" 'Special' 10/22 RIFLE and the 10/22DSP DeLuxe Sporter:
Barrel Length: 22" vs 18 1/2"
Barrel Mat'l.: SS vs Blued CS
Stock: Birch vs Walnut [both checkered w/ swivels]
Stamping: "10/22 Rifle" vs "10/22 Carbine"
Model: RUK1022-22 vs 10/22DSP
Price: $215. [W-M] vs $299. [MSRP]

Take a look at the "Wal*Mart" 'Special' 10/22 RIFLE before you decide.....! ! ;)

Hope this helps....! ! :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wal mart special

thanks big m,

tell me more about this "wal mart special"..... where would i get it? or is it just a couple more pcs that i have to buy and then install? im mainly looking to get rid of that ugly barrel band.....

waltonshooter

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Wal*Mart 'Special' 10/22 RIFLE

tell me more about this "wal mart special"..... where would i get it?
At "Wal*Mart"......! ! :D :D

It is an 'exclusive' Rifle made ONLY for "Wal*Mart" at the present time. I would recommend that you buy an extra magazine [BX-1 @ ~ $9.97] while you are there, and some Hi Vel [CCI Mini-Mags] to 'break-in' the new rifle.

The next addition would be a "VQ" Target Hammer from one of RFC Sponsors for ~ $33. PPD.

Good Luck....! ! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Look on Guns America.

I just bought a brand new Deluxe Sporter for $200 + $20 for shipping. I think the dealer posted another one. I am not certain.

I thought it might have been a conversion, but the box end says DSP and the serial numbers are the same on label and the gun and the stock is walnut.

PM me if you got any questions. I'll be happy to help as much as I can.

Thanks,

Derrick

·
Registered
16,533 Posts
I'm a bit confused here. Your first post was asked in the context of not already owning the gun. Later you posed a question in the context as if you did already own the gun.

The answers will be different depending on what the situation is. Do you do, or do you don't have the gun in question in your possession already?

Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.