Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ron Garrett won the meter's 10.5# class, two gun, and three gun championships at the Gulf Coast Regionals in Cordele, Ga. yesterday. He had a shaky start on Saturday, but got himself together on Sunday to kick butt and take wood. Good shootin' Ron.

Gary

· Registered
1,920 Posts
Way to go Ron! I know you put a lot of study and experimentation into the game and it's great to see it pay off for you. Congrats on an excellent performance among a bunch of world class shooters. Hope you'll come up to the Mid Atlantic Regionals and shoot with us this time. Take care.
Kent

· Registered
444 Posts
Thanks guys,

it was a hard fought tournament. It was really hot/high humidity. Gremlins were everywhere. Scores were lower than anyone expected except for Wilton Burnett's back to back 250's on Saturday. I struggled with ammo choice the first day, but finally found the right lot# Sunday.

No matter what championship venue is being shot, the "Watermelon Classic" on the fourth of July in Cordele is an extravaganza to remember.

· Registered
1,920 Posts
Ron-
I know what you're talking about on the ammo. I went to the range Friday afternoon to set up for the match we had on Saturday. I tested seme "new"ammo that was killer in my sporter after I'd made some minor ignition changes to my action. After warming up the rifle and getting it used to the ammo, it put 5 shots thru the .25 ten ring at 50 meters without hardly touching the ring! Humm! I decided to shoot the ammo in the match on Saturday morning and it wasn't as good as the day before. Not sure why? But, ammo is just like that--some days it's awesome and some days it's just ok? I've always shot old lot Federal UMI-B in my sporter, and I was trying to get her used to some more readily available ammo. I'll keep trying, because it did show promise. Just have to find the right lot. Congrats again on the BIG win! That's something to be proud of. Take care, and stay cool.
Kent

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.