Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Thanks guys. I appreciate the kind words. I was disappointed in the sporter score, even though I did win. I shot 23 -10's in a row and had three shots left, with 5 minutes of time to shoot. The wind that I was shooting died, and instead of waiting, I (like an idiot) decided to chance the condition and shoot the last 3 bulls, and I lost 2 points out of the last 3 shots! If I had waited, I believe a 250 was very possible. I stayed overnight in Bristol, VA and went on to a match at Wilderness VA this afternoon. I managed to win sporter class with a 246-8X, and 13-1/2 class with a 249-18X, and I won the 3-gun with total of 742--41X. I shot a 247-15X in 10-1/2--had 3 dropped shots due to let ups--didn't place? I was in to big of a hurry. On the 249-18X target I dropped the last shot, which was the 23rd bull. I dropped down to the fifth row, shot #25(X), then #24(ten), hen went to the right of the backer and shot a couple of bullets, then shot #21 (X), then shot #22 (X), everything looked good and I shot #23 and shot a 9 at 3 o'clock. The condition changed just a tad and I didn't notice it. I was in too big of a hurry. I don't know why, I had 15 minutes left to shoot--duhh. I still got a win, but I wanted another 250 :D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.