Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have the experience in the 22 world like you guys have. Another thread here I was reading popped a question in my mind.

What are examples of "complex" 22's, hand gun or rifle. We can toss in there "odd" examples as well.

I am thinking of my current 22's. One people always talk about as a pain to take apart is the Mk II ruger pistols. Personally I never really got what is so hard about them. There is a trick to putting it back together, but past that, eh.

Another is a Nylon 66, again not real hard, but if the gun world had a rubik's cube I think this one would follow.

I have an old Remington speed master, It belongs to the wife, and I have not shot it much, and am not in it very often, but on the last cleaning found it a little odd. Something about an automatic running 22 shorts to long rifle with no changes.

The rest are fairly simple actions.

I am looking for the Auto 5 or Remington Model 8 of the rimfire world.

Is there any?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Marlin 60. Built more like a clock than a firearm IMHO.
It is not bad till you take that action assembly apart, then oof.

I have only done it once to put new springs in. This was to take care of a light strike issue. Otherwise I toss the entire mess in the sonic cleaner and let it do its magic. Squeaky clean a little lube and she is good to go.

Out of the replies this is the only thing I have first hand experience with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts