Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About three months ago, I purchased a CZ 452 American. Currently optics consists of a BSA 6 x 24 x 44 Platinum Scope attached to the rifle with Burris Signature Rings. Internal mod’s included pillar bedding, and the installation of an Adjustable Sear and 8 oz trigger spring from Automated Solutions. Accuracy is very good. Although I still am in the process of testing various brands of ammo, best results to-date was obtained by using SK Jagd Standard Plus ammunition. With it, after thoroughly cleaning the bore of the 452, I fired 10 “fowling” rounds. The next 40 consecutively fired rounds produced 8 groups averaging .301” at 50 yards. Now that the rifle and I are really getting dialed in, I would like to do some competitive bench rest rifle shooting with my 452. So….is anyone out there aware of an nationally recognized organization that offers Hunter / Light Rifle competitive bench rest shooting?

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Not too bad of groups....

and it should be somewhat competitive. When you check out the web site above, look at the records for different distances.

There are some leagues that shoot one shot per target and not groups, while others shoot for group. Remember that the group sizes will seem large because they are in MOA. In other words, your .31" groups would be .62" in MOA.

Good work on your CZ and go kick butt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you all for your responses to my cry for help! Your feedback is appreciated. Dan, I think I can coax some more accuracy out of my American by sorting my ammunition into lots by using a Sinclair rimfire thickness gage.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think you're going to find that almost all rimfire benchrest matches call for one shot at each of 25 targets as oppposed to group shooting. It's a real challenge moving the rifle for each shot. The "sporter" class may have a 6x scope limit but that shouldn't stop you from entering a higher class if you want to give it a try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.