Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
Looks like the same one they have had out for a couple of years. One of my buddies bought one with the painted laminated stock used about a little over a year ago from someone on arms list.com. I remember looking at Rugers website and it showed the laminated/ stainless over a year ago. His has the upper and lower barrel attachment, and is the same exact one shown on Rugers website. His shoots very good and is very happy with it. I don’t know, maybe Ruger didn’t get the stainless/ laminated brown version out till now, but I think they did. Anyway his is a shooter.👍

·
The sacred cow? I ate it.
14,747 Posts
Unless the barrel is threaded to the receiver, I would not buy it.
I think (and the best 10/22 gunsmiths agree) a barrel threaded to the receiver is not the best option. CPC only did them for a very rough use hunting gun. Kidd has stopped making/offering them. I have the plastic stock competition. Mine is no better than a CPC modded rifle. Amazing what a first-class gunsmith can do with vs a factory hack job. Again, given the list of mods to the rifle, clearly Ruger has been paying attention to what's going on in the aftermarket. (based on the features of this offering.)

Reactions: lesptr

·
Registered
526 Posts
In this market this does not seem to be a very good deal but in a normal market where the street price would probably be 700-800 it might be competitive. Not for me but many have that in a barrel change and new stock. If this really has 2 point hold and bedding on top of the other mods AND it is proven as accurate as others in its class it may sell.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts