Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had one of these for years. The portion of the metal follower on the original mag that works with the slide catch has worn or chipped so that it is no longer functional. Anyone know of any supplier that may have parts for the original mags for sale. I have some after market mags but would like to keep the original as it came. Thank you!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good luck. I bought a metalform for my ace conversion and found that the follower is plastic rather than metal with the original. Problem is the follower tips rather easily and result in FTF with more than 5 rounds.

Unless you are really set on the Metal ACE magazines give the Kimber mags a try. Midway has them for sale for $22 and they work great. If you take the bottom retainer out the capacity increases from 10 to 15. After a 1000 rounds or so had a few issue with FTF and found in 1911 forum is that it is fixed by slightly stretching the magazine spring.

Oh yeah, another plus is the magazine is really easy to load. For my ACE I got a loader from Marvel and that really helps.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feed back. Metal Form does use plastic for the followers. I have a couple of aftermarket mags that use the plastic followers. Been OK. I'll check out the Kimber mags with a friend of mine who sells Kimbers when I get back to FL this Winter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.