Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Colt Civil War Comm Set

1429 7
I'm looking for info on a cased set of Colt pistols. They look like scaled down percussion revolvers, but are actually chambered for .22 Short.
This is a commemorative set marked ,"Civil War Centennial Model" on the box, and both guns. They are consecutively serial numbered, and unfired in the box.
I'd guess they were made in the 1960's with the "centennial" name, but not sure which year.
Does anyone know anything about this cased Colt set, and have an idea of the value?
Thanks!-Vall

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,763 Posts
I believe these were produced in the early 1960's. As I recall, they are not a true commemorative Colt model in the sense they were only 500 made or something like the other commemoratives. The little 22 short derringers came out at the same time. The six shooter is one of the 22's I don't own. Nice set!

· Registered
2,725 Posts
1861 Civil War Centennial

A dealer here in Roanoke has been trying to sell me the cased set for over a year now. He has them priced at $500 but since the Book Value is only $350 for the pair he won't come down and I won't go up. They made 24,114 of them.

Wayne38

· Registered
1,697 Posts
Actually, these are not revolvers. They are single shot pistols chambered for .22 short.

In use, the "finish" (paint) wears quickly from the zinc alloy frame, and they are really s l o w and awkward to load and eject.

IMO, they have little value as either collectors or as shooters, although I have bid unsuccessfully on these in an effort to get one in shooting condition, just so I can try my hand at it.

They bring full retail collector value only when in new in the box condition, with all original packing and literature, and when a buyer appears in search of same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.