Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am no expert and am new to the 17hmr, but I do own a some real expensive air rifles (pellet guns) and cleaning solvents, oils and equipment is very cructial to the airguns, so just to play it safe, and since I already own a .177 cal airgun cleaning kit I used it on my ruger 77/17 along with my airgun solvents, oils and some G96 gun treatment. Worked really well and doesnt stink up the house like some do.:)

·
Registered
561 Posts
Terry1,

I use Butches Bore Shine solvent then Butches Gun Oil. Works great designed by a BR shooter for BR shooter's. Also J-B Paste in awesome stuff as well. To best I have used to date. :t

·
Registered
22 Posts
I use shooters choice #7 bore solvent and that seems to work very well. If im going to store my gun for a while ill run a wet patch sprayed with Gunslick gun oil.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Will also disolve brass if left in the chamber - but we are talking about barrel cleaning, right? Use as directed and there won't be any problems. Excellent & comprehensive directions are included with the product. Makes brushes and scrubbing a task of the past.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have just started using Bore Tech Benchrest Blend and it is the best I have found. For the first time I actually got a clean patch through the bore. Think I got the recommendation on Varmint Al' s site. There are a gazillion brands available -- this one works:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts