Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What cleaning rod are you using on the Vudoo V22? I have the guide and using the Pro Shot micro polished stainless 20 cal. rod. Heard some say not to use stainless.

·
Registered
997 Posts
What cleaning rod are you using on the Vudoo V22? I have the guide and using the Pro Shot micro polished stainless 20 cal. rod. Heard some say not to use stainless.
Use a quality one piece rod. It can be polished stainless or coated like the suggested Boretech rod. Stainless is fine and many BR shooters use them exclusively as they don't have coating that might pick up debris.

Make sure a proper fitting guide is used in conjunction w/ the rod. If you don't have a bore guide, don't clean the rifle until you get one.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I have used ss micro polished rods in the past. These days I mostly use bore tech coated rods of .22 caliber. I dont see any problems with possible grit hanging on to the coating as I wipe the rod carefully after each pass. They do well in My Vudoo single shot and in my Anschutz too. Of course a bore guide is necessary.
Gilbert

1 - 8 of 8 Posts