Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it just hit me..

we've (overall) decided that the boresnake with no brush in it is a good thing, a good cleaner and all of that.

I was taught to oil the barrel when cleaning to prevent rust. A dry boresnake won't do that, do you guys put a couple of drops of oil on your boresnake when cleaning?

·
Registered
536 Posts
get a patch worm from the sponsor, its the best. the barrel screams its so tight, and no damage possible. Then you can run an oil patch through it afterwords!
(great guy to do business with!)

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I agree. I bought the patch worm and i really like it. While you are on their site get a bag of .22 felt swabs to go with it. Makes for easy cleaning and quick too.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
willscary,

Remember...

Water wears the stone not by force, but by persistance.

That brush will do damage, over time. Of course, if it's not a Volquartsen, you should be able to use a brush in it, no problem.

I use both the PatchWorm and BoreSnake.

Boresnake with no bristles out in the field and the PatchWorm for final cleaning and oiling.

For a little over $6, the PatchWorm is definitely worth its weight in gold!!! :t

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.