Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo guys,
week ago I bought a new CZ 452 FS. Beautiful looking gun!!! I have heard that you do not have many of those in the U.S. so far. Wait for it! It is surely strange that I a Czech person ask you about how to clean a Czech gun, but believe me there are not many forums here to ask. I just heard that it is no need to clean CZ after every range session. I was advised to clean it every 1000 rounds. Is that true?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I generally clean my rimfires when one of the following happens:

1. Accuracy begins to fall off noticeably (too much barrel fouling)
2. The gun begins to function sluggishly (too much crud in the action)
3. I feel like cleaning the gun.

#3 is the most common reason I end up cleaning rimfires.

It's difficult to make a hard and fast statement about cleaning ever X number of rounds since some ammo is much cleaner and won't foul the gun nearly as much as some other brands.

If neither 1, 2, 3 have happened by the time you get 1,000 rounds through it, then I suppose that's a reasonable number of rounds between cleanings.

Some suggestions:

Get a ONE PIECE steel cleaning rod and a good quality brass/bronze cleaning jag.

Only clean from the breech. (Only insert the rod into the barrel from the chamber end, never from the muzzle end.)

I rarely find it necessary to use a brush on a rimfire bore. If you don't let it get too cruddy between cleanings, usually a few patches and a little solvent will do all that's needed.

Don't take the gun out of the stock more than is absolutely necessary. You certainly don't need to do that to clean it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.