Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to my buddy's cabin this AM to cut firewood. He has a lot of snowstorm damage and quite a few trees uprooted. Anyway, took the 17 with me. Saw a 'chuck along the side of the road I guess 175-200 yards out. Keep in mind I'm not very good at estimating distances, it was the downfall of my golf game!! But that little boy was a good ways out there! Gave it 5” of elevation and a little Kentucky windage and got him right in the head. Great shot if I must say so myself, I impressed myself. He just fell over backward and never moved. That peashooter jsut keeps amazing me. I know it's old news for a lot of you guys. But I've never shot past 110 yards with the 17 until today. And I didn't get to hear that "whaap" I've been hearing so much about. And I'm also amazed how quiet the gun is, sounded like it had a silencer or I had a bad load. I usually target shoot off my deck behind the house and I need muffs.
Just thought I'd share.

·
Banned
4,478 Posts
What was the wind speed? What was the air temperature? What was the barometric pressure? Were there any thermals? Can you do it again? :p

Just kidding with the questions! I just thought I would be little funny.

Hey great shooting on your part.

Brad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.