Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Seen International 10/22 yesterday at gun show that had a chief engraved about five inches up from end of barrel. Dealer said he didn't know anything about a chief aj 10/22 . He said it did have a trigger job done but didn't know who did it. It also had a mag release I have not seen before. It was just a little bump but it looked like the whole release was made of stamped out of steel. Gun was in good shape but had a 241 prefix serial number and he wanted $285 for it. What do you all think ? Chief AJ ? Does anyone have any pictures of one. Thanks.

·
Registered
135 Posts
chief AJ 10/22 ?

I don't know anything about the specific Ruger your looking at but I did at one time have a Ruger 10/22 worked over by "his" tribal Workshop. This was a number of years ago (10+) but I was very disapointed. The recrowning that was done on it looked like it was done with a "corncob" according to another gunsmith that later saw it. The best part or I should say worst part was how the trigger was made lighter. The sears were actually cut and narrowed down in their width inside their housings (roughly 1/16 to 3/32). The quality of that work looked like it was done with a tomahawk. I had to replace those parts for my own peace of mind when I discovered them some years later. I had some work done on a Ruger Mark II handgun (Clark Custom) and was very happy with them. Just my 2cents worth.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
his claim to fame was shooting over 40,000 1" cubes in the air using his modded 10-22's NONSTOP...a cube was tossed in the air every second, he woudl rotate guns after 30 rds and had people rloading mags like crazy...was cool for the record...then he started selling lots of parts fo 10-22, then just disappeared after a few years...

would be a nice piece of history, but like was said before, check the parts carefully...before shooting...

·
Registered
507 Posts
Believe it or not Cheif AJ has his own section on GunsAmerica.com. I have seen work from this shop before and I think they need to lay off the fire water before they attempt gunsmithing and/or price thier guns. I'm not impressed. Even with my caveman grade gunsmithing skills I could do better than that.
To prove my point. Take a look at the $2,000. 10/22 for sale on GA.com right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.