Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
101 - 120 of 127 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
I bought one in 22WMR, I kept it for about a week and ended up selling it. I bought it for a SHTF gun to keep in my truck or car, that style of gun IMO should have iron sights on it. The sights on the Little Badger are horrible to put it mildly. Cheap plastic and it felt like the rear one was going to fall off at any moment. You can put optics on it like the majority of people do, but I think there are much better platforms out there once you are stuck depending on optics for your aiming. It basically takes away from the lightweight go anywhere design of the rifle.
Flyby, please show us the better platforms that are as compact as the Little Badger and sell for $154.00, I would be interested in checking them out.

· Registered
1,172 Posts
Anyone knows if the Double Badger share the same cheap quality?
The DB is a very interesting gun for sure; I haven't seen one in person yet, but what I have read from those that have them has been mostly positive. They are certainly less expensive, and potentially more nicely arranged & finished, than the Savage Model 42 is - the Savage meanwhile, hasn't impressed me with it's fit and finish, at least not for the $400 they are asking for them. Hopefully, someone with a DB can chime in, and a search should yield at least a couple posts on it. Sorry, I couldn't offer more info.

Kind Regards,

~ SH ~

· Registered
1 Posts
little badger

Am new to the forum thing. Just thought I would post that I bought one of the Little Badger .22 rifles. Some good things about it, and also some things not too good...but I think I like it. Just found some barrel shrouds for them on Fleabay tonight. Thought something like that would actually make for a better hand grip for those of us with longer arms. Any thoughts? Snagged a photo from one of the listings, too. Will try to upload it here for viewing.
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/OTQ2WDE2MDA=/z/aRAAAOSwMmBV0SqP/$_57.JPG
M.

· Registered
199 Posts
So just picked up a nice leupold 2x scout scope and figured I'd see how I could fit in on the little badger. I had a 10/22 leupold scope base and did a little experimenting. The screw holes don't line up but I screwed one in and secured it with para chord to see how it would work. The eye relief is perfect! There isn't much weight added and the base is a lot narrower than a picatinny rail and rings. It wouldn't be hard to re drill the base or the receiver. May even head to gander mountain and see if I can find a base that lines up with the holes. What do ya'll think?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

· Registered
433 Posts
So, I just ordered one of the CLBs in 17 HMR today. Based on some of what I've read here on RFC, I also have a couple other things on the way too, like the eBay takedown thumbscrew, a metal thread protector and some weaver see through rings so I can mount an old Simmons 7.62 4x32 scope I have laying around. Can't wait to get my hands on it. *edit* Should be at my FFL on Tuesday.

· Registered
1,516 Posts
I mounted a new rail on mine then mounted a pistol scope. I choose a Tasco PRO-Class 30MM. (Nice scopes DONT think trashco, these are quality optics!) It was nickle, so I shot it with etching primer then drab green.

The use of a metal base helped groups IMMENSELY!!

Here is 25 yards...

CW

· Registered
1,516 Posts
Got any details on the knife/sheath you are using here?
I made it myself. :)

Kydex is pretty easy ti work with. Check uTube to see. Not very costly and you will be surprised at what you can make yourself!

I have made a couple holsters and sheaths. Friends and family may need something and can help offset any costs too.

Made this neck holster.

And this one..

and this one

and this one

CW

CW

· Registered
433 Posts
I should probably go shoot the thing first, but I can't help tinkering with it. Got a scope with see through rings mounted and a couple other things. I'm usually not into all of the tactical stuff, but I thought the Magpul pieces would help with ergonomics.

· Registered
1,516 Posts
Looks good.

I picked up my little badger today. Im ready to get it out to the range and start modding, but have a question for y'all. The trigger pull is very light...about 1.5 pounds according to my scale. That seems a bit unsafe to me. Thoughts?
NOT AT ALL!! Its a single shot with a hammer!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dont over think this... If you dont want it to shoot, either dont cock it, dont load it... again, Its a SINGLE SHOT. It will not fire until to cock the hammer. Practice safe gun handling and you will never have a problem.

CW

· Registered
18 Posts
I picked up my little badger today. Im ready to get it out to the range and start modding, but have a question for y'all. The trigger pull is very light...about 1.5 pounds according to my scale. That seems a bit unsafe to me. Thoughts?
I've seen a few reports of triggers so light on earlier Little badgers the hammer wouldn't catch propoerly every time when you cocked it, which would result in ADs.

According to the dealer when I brought mine, they supposedly fixed this problem by making the triggers heavier. Mine is indeed very heavy for a single action trigger, but knowing Chiappa's consistency that might as well be just mine.

It's the European version with a 18" barrel btw.

· Registered
1,516 Posts
I've seen a few reports of triggers so light on earlier Little badgers the hammer wouldn't catch propoerly every time when you cocked it, which would result in ADs.

According to the dealer when I brought mine, they supposedly fixed this problem by making the triggers heavier. Mine is indeed very heavy for a single action trigger, but knowing Chiappa's consistency that might as well be just mine.

It's the European version with a 18" barrel btw.
If the gun is functioning properly. It will not fire just form a dropped hammer. The trigger must be pulled. If you have one, try it with no ammo under controlled conditions and you will see.

Remember, most folks will blame the gun before admitting personal mistake. :(

CW

· Registered
433 Posts
Took mine to the range today for the first time. Just something very relaxing about the single shot, break open action and taking my time on each shot. And the light trigger was sweet.

The "iron" sights were on target pretty well from the start. Here's a three shot group at 50 yards with the iron sights. Like others have done, I think I'll file the front sight post to a fine point.

Slapped the Weaver micro red dot. It took me a while to get it on target. Those little adjustment screws are pretty sensitive with no clicks to give you any feedback. Here's a 10 shot group at 100. Not that great but I'll take it. Most of its me...100 yards with no magnification and a not so small red dot covering the center of the target.

Here are my last 3 shots, from 100 yards, sitting and no rest.

Best thing is, it slides right in my bag.

101 - 120 of 127 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.