Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Chief Says :

Unlike the 10-22 and 77-22 ( each uses different magazines).

The 10-22 magnum and 77-22 magnum , suprizingly use the
"SAME" magazine . Dont know how Ruger let that one slip by.

To the best of my knowledge , there is no high cap mag available.

I just fix two (9-round) magazines " back to back " and let it go
with that.

CD

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Chief

How do you fix the mags together? I have a bear of a time getting my mags to drop out of my Houge OM stock. If I had a doubled mag I could pull it out easy. Got any pics?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Chum_bucket,

Sorry, I can't think of the name of those magazine "joiners", but concerning your OM stock & magazine problem.......

The magazine is rubbing on the inside of the stock. Probably on both sides.

Sandpaper some of the stock's fiber-glass "skeleton" away on the inside. of the magazine well.

My magazines drop right out, like they're supposed to, now.

You can "dust" the inside of the stock with talcum powder, insert a magazine than remove it. You'll see where it's rubbing.

I had to do two Hogue stocks like that.

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Chum Bucket...

I've never done this with a magnum, but have with the LR's and it works great.

Take two magazines and lay them back to back, touching each other. Then carefully, take Scotch tape and tape the two together, leaving a small open spot one one side. Then mix up some JB Weld and drizzle it into the hole in the tape, letting it fill up the area between the magazines. Once you have it full, wait till tomorrow and take the tape off. If you did it right, the seam will be like it came out of the factory that way, and you can color the JB with a Magic Marker to make it all black.

I did mine facing the same way, but if I had it to do over, I would make them face opposite directions. You would have to have it in your hands to see why it is so much faster to flip that way. Either way, it makes a great 20 rounder (18 for the magnum) and works like a charm. Once it is set up and done, it will NEVER come apart, but you can still dissassemble it for maintenance if necessary.

Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.