sandbagger - Welcome to RFC

Well that is good news,maybe things
will open up a bit in '03 and we'll
see some more Mfg's jump in.

Thanks for the info.:)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I don't know boys and girls. It looks like the exact same package and contents with a different lable. Perhaps CCI is mfging it for Remington as well. If Remington were in fact either loading or contracting to their specs wouldn't they use the same box as their Premier 22 Mag?

I'm guessing Remington just wants a piece of the pie and that there won't be additional ammo on the market unless they popped for additional loading equipment.

But, we can hope...

Cheers!

http://www.remington.com/ammo/rimfire/22wmammo.htm

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Chief says : I have yet to see any on the market.

SAME VELOCITY, same bullet weight . = same pricing.

Remington , if and when , they start manufacturing the ammo,
didnt do it with saving (you money) in mind.

They see Hornady makin it, figure they cash in too.

if you play the 17HMR game = you'll spend money.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Is it a good thing?????

I for one sure have had bad luck with Remington 22 ammo. It has not been accurate in anything I own. I would question there .17 HMR ammo also based on my past experence.

Perhaps they will prove me wrong.

·
Registered
90 Posts
rem .22

I can hear you KF9VH on that one. Rem. rimfire has been terrible to me. Mis-fires and god awfull accuracy.
Only good thing to come from remington and rimfire was when they hooked up with eley, now that is some good shootin ammo.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Hmmm...

I think I may have prejudiced rifles!

All of my .22WMRs like the Winchester Supremes the best and the CCI TNTs 2nd best.....

All 4 of them! :)

Of course, there's no way to tell if I have the old Premires, so it might just be that....

·
Registered
480 Posts
Winchester Supremes are very accurate especially with volquartsen barrels. Thats do to the chambers being reamed with the Supremes "in mind."

Ski, was telling me he also experienced the Premiers to the most accurate ammo in the that "price range."

I think his top five list was

1. OSSI "Custom Varmints" (20.00 a box/Moly Coat) www.22ammo.com/vmax.html
2. Remington Premiers
3. CCI TNT's
4. Winchester Supremes
5. Federal Premium's

My list is almost the same but switch CCI and Win.

In most cases the Supremes out shoot the TNT's well thats my experience anyway. I have only had to boxes that I suspect were the "old" Premiers. If I recall correctly I had about 6-7 FTF's out of one box.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.