Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Cheapest way to get Remington Golden .22lr ammo?

913 Views 16 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  gpolkknives
I have a .22 conversion kit for my 1911 that likes the Remington 36gr HP Golden Bullets the best. What's the cheapest outlet to stock up on them? I honestly wouldn't mind buying 5,000-10,000 rounds at a time.
Thanks in advanace
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just go to your local gun club and look in the trash can closest to the firing line. You should find plenty and they're real cheap. :D

Happy Shooting!

-remnar
LOL. I typically shy from them myself but my conversion kit loves them so I'll feed it what it wants.:rolleyes:

I usually go through 400 rounds to one box of them each time I'm at the range then shoot my .45 a bit too so finding them in bulk may be a cheaper and more convenient way than picking up a box each time I go to the range.

As for my hunting .22's they get fed CCI MiniMag HP

· Registered
529 Posts
I see them at Bass Pro for $20/525 bulk pack.
I've shot a box of these and all my pistols/revolvers really like them.
Not one problem.
I had a heck of a problem with a box of the older ones, but sent them back to Remington and they told me they had primer issues, and sent me 2/525 bulk packs for my trouble.
I will buy more when these are used up.
These new ones aren't the same poor quality of yesterday IMO.

· Registered
1,024 Posts
Just go to your local gun club and look in the trash can closest to the firing line. You should find plenty and they're real cheap. :D

Happy Shooting!

-remnar
Stole my thunder rem! I get my GBs for exactly $0.00. Shipped! :p
Hope you get what you're looking for, gdpolk.
-S
Cmon guys..........the guy was asking a simple question about how to find what works for him. Ive made it no secret that I too like the GB and have several rifles that will flat shoot these rounds. Ive never had issues with them and will continue to use them.
Running them in the ground is getting really old. :rolleyes:

· Registered
4,828 Posts
You should really try something different like aguila SE high velocity or winchester super X. If you choose to stock a lot of GB ammo and you get a bad lot you are going to be sorry. If you get a decent lot you may be happy. If you buy something different you are more likely to be happy as quality control of Golden bullets SUCKS!

· Registered
1,737 Posts
Cmon guys..........the guy was asking a simple question about how to find what works for him. Ive made it no secret that I too like the GB and have several rifles that will flat shoot these rounds. Ive never had issues with them and will continue to use them.
Running them in the ground is getting really old. :rolleyes:
Yeah, yeah, sorry, sorry. I said I hope he finds what he's looking for. Whadayawant? There's enough threads on RGBs to have it's own sub-forum.

Ironically, they shoot fine for me (for plinking), but the recent rash of kB threads are a little disconcerting. Search it. Discount it. Just saying.

-S

· Registered
1,024 Posts
All I am saying is running a product in the ground constantly when so many of us use it "Ironically, they shoot fine for me (for plinking)"Quote: Spike52
The original poster wasnt asking suggestions on his next big game bullet, match bullet or even personal defense round. Instead he simply wants to know where to get the round his conversion shoots well. "In the trash can", "GBs SUCK" etc etc etc is beyond immature.
It just seems to me all of you are beating a dead horse and for those of us that use and enjoy them it is a little aggravating to hear the constant negative barrage.
I myself have had a lot less issues with GBs than with other Mfgs bullets. Now they are not match accurate but they are squirrel accurate and ive got over 100 tails in the freezer from this past season to prove it.
Anyway I know Im rambling and preaching to deaf ears so ill just shut up.......just thought id put my .02 in.

· Registered
662 Posts
1911 Conversion ammo

My Kimber conversion shoots well enough with Rem G.B., it really likes W-W Super-X and CCI mini mags. The only ammo it doesn't like are the bulk Federals, accuracy is way worse, and lots of failure to feed. I might try a box of Fed Auto Match one of these days though. The Remingtons might be a little cheaper than the CCI's and Win. Super-X. Walmart's price on them is probably as cheap as anywhere.

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Go to this site, register, input your zip code, and see if you see something you like:

http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=.22+LR
Thanks for the link.

My local WalMart has them for $21/525rds or $252/6300 rounds.

The cheapest Google found for me was $232/6300rds through Midwest Hunters Outlet.

This link has them at $17/525 rds or $204/6300 rounds. That saved me 20% on a case of them plus I found CCI Mini Mag HP's for my rifles cheaper as well. Thanks for your help.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.