Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

cheapest ammo under 1120 fps

707 10
I am considering silencing a bolt action 22 rifle. What is the absolutely cheapest ammo that is under 1120 fps muzzle velocity? Something in the 1050-1120 range would be ideal for me. I just want to figure out how much a project like this would be to feed, and I want zero sonic crack. Any suggestions? I soo wish it were doable to take a bit of powder out of wal mart federals, but I know this would be very difficult; perhaps impossible. A friend told me that our wal mart carries some sort of remington standard velocity for around 5 bucks for the 100, but I am wondering if these aren't in the 1150 fps range or so. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Cheers!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,058 Posts
Remington subsonic is the easiest to find and fairly accurate as well. $2ish a box. any decent target ammo is gonna be subsonic too. Aguila and the like would also be cheap.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my brain is probably having a bout of the diabeetus, but what is SK ?

I've read that the remington subsonic can be inconsistent and occasionally go supersonic, is this true? I was going to order some aguila subsonic 38g from midway, but the shipping is so killer. I really hope I can find something locally, either at dicks, wal mart, or a gun store :D The main goal is to find the cheapest possible, so I can plink with armadillos, and I may as well stock up on ammo now before prices continue to climb.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
my brain is probably having a bout of the diabeetus, but what is SK ?

I've read that the remington subsonic can be inconsistent and occasionally go supersonic, is this true? I was going to order some aguila subsonic 38g from midway, but the shipping is so killer. I really hope I can find something locally, either at dicks, wal mart, or a gun store :D The main goal is to find the cheapest possible, so I can plink with armadillos, and I may as well stock up on ammo now before prices continue to climb.
If you have a Dick's, look for the Federal 714. Then do a search for the Dick's coaches coupon and get it cheap.

·
Registered
896 Posts
1080 sounds great!! I just printed up a coach's coupon. Its for my gun club that I coach *cough* :rolleyes:
I 'coach' a target team (my 5 daughters), and just picked up my 9th&10th brick of the 714 from local Dicks. I'm slowly 'clearing their shelf' as funds allow, cause $15/brick 500 is spectacular price these days for fairly accurate subsonic ammo . . . . .:D

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
CCI- Standard Velocity ~$5-6 bucks / 100 rnds.

pipestone

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.