Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Challenge for "Chief Dave" or anyone else...

514 Views 7 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  moontroll1
Figured if anyone could do this, it might be Chief Dave....but any precision shooter is certainly welcomed to try. Can someone light a match with a bullet? Distance is unimportant....or is this a myth?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,486 Posts
I've done it with a flintlock and patched round ball...it's a common novelty shoot at black powder rondezvous....have also done many candle shoots at night, extinguishing the flame but not hitting the candle at up to 30+yds and a bit more on a good night!!

Tim

· Registered
41 Posts
My grandfather used to tell about my grandmother being able to light matches with a 22 and open sites when they were younger. I don't know the distance but I believe him because she would just smile and tell had mad grandpa and his buddies would get when she could do it and they would keep hitting the match.

· Registered
20,675 Posts
pdwight,

one of the disciplines i delved in was AIKIDO, and sensei never let us play with the short killing sword ( katana ), let alone poof out candles. the katana was too sacred to be playing around; the old samurai concept; you draw it out of it's sheath and it has to draw blood.

· Registered
527 Posts
I never witnessed it myself but my Grandma used to shoot empty 22 cartridges off matches with out hurting the match at 25 yards. This was with a very old single shot loaded with shorts.My grandpa swore she used to do it.I have shot the gun and its very accurate.Why dont some of you try it and post your results,she did say there was a trick to it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.