Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of any places to shoot ground squirrels in the Central California area? I am staying in Paso Robles for the next couple of weeks and would like to see how this new .17 HMR shoots.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I lived out that way a few yrs back and shot out at fort hunter liggett.Its a army base but is open to the public and there are tons of ground squirls,if you go be sure to bring a coyote call that place is infested.

Jared
Ps i think they have a web page if you do a search

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, Im pretty close to Hunter-Liggett and very familiar with it. However, you cant shoot ground squirrels there. Im looking for some Forest Service or BLM land that I can access. Of course, private property wouldnt be bad either! 8)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi, There is BLM land out there, Call the holister feild office and ask for the information about williams hill. Let me know when youll be out there maybe if my gun is done in time we can shoot together. I live in Salinas Ca. Happy hunting.

P>S> it some where between King City and Paso Robles. I beleive its near San Ardo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.