Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Gentleman, I am new to the sight. I just ordered an 18" Green Mountain Barell and was wondering if the CCI Velociter can safely be fired from it. I performed a search but did not come up with anything. I plan on using the rifle for hunting and am looking for a round with some thump.

· Registered
615 Posts
Welcome to RFC! Others will weigh in, but it is my understanding that the velocitor is the same length as the standard Long rifle, so it would work fine in your barrel. It is not advised to used the cci "stinger" that comes in the blue box in your GM barrel though. Tighter chambers like the GM barrels have don't like em.

I use Velocitors on occasion for knocking over steel plates at 100yds. Definitely have more punch, and would probably make a great hunting round.

:Welcome:

By the way, since you are new here, be sure to check out the For sale forum. Dave still has some raffle tickets available for a 10/22T. Good cause and only 5 bucks for a set of chances.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.