Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,737 Posts
They fit pretty tight in my Special and Scout, but they go in. You notice the bolt closes a little stiffer. The bullet just begins to engage the rifling, if you chamber one then pull it back out to take a look. As long as the case doesn't touch the rifling, you're okay.

Match chambers are a different story (which your CZ doesn't have, unless you know something I don't).

Intrestingly, I have a Browning Buckmark too and Stingers drop right in the chamber with no resistance. Great fun to shoot, if not very accurate. I keep them loaded up in my Buckmark as just a last-ditch backup in the house, if you know what I mean.

-S

· Registered
114 Posts
Stingers

I think the "will they fit?" aspect is just one factor to consider. Consider the extra chamber pressure stingers produce. I've seen reports of cracked receivers attributed to using stingers, but I can't remember what makes of rifles were involved. I consider them risky.

· Registered
1,737 Posts
talyons83814 said:
I think the "will they fit?" aspect is just one factor to consider. Consider the extra chamber pressure stingers produce. I've seen reports of cracked receivers attributed to using stingers, but I can't remember what makes of rifles were involved. I consider them risky.
Aw, probably one of them delicate 10/22's. :p ("Honey, where's my clean flame suit??")
Cracked recievers on CZ 452 from Stingers? Ha! 452 LAUGHS at Stinger pressure! Ha-Ha-Ha! :cool:

lycanthrope said:
They run great in my Lux. They also group nearly as well as Wolf MT!
Whoa! :eek:
Stingers have always shot consistently for me... consistently CRAPPY! :p
Aw, they group pretty rough, but shoot real good.
Could you possibly post some comparison pictures of your groups, Lyc? Not questioning you, just something I gotta SEE! Know what I mean? Stingers have gotten some pretty bad press here at RFC (an authoritative knowledge base, IMO) with regards to grouping. That is to say, they seem to make Minute Of Squirrel okay, but shoot fairly broad for target work.

-S

· Premium Member
9,441 Posts
I've shot them in my 452 Varmint. They don't chamber quite as easily as other ammo, but not a significant difference. I get an avg. of 1.18" for 5 shot groups at 50 yds.(one of my worst), as compared to .414" for Wolf ME, .506" for Fiochi SM 340, .516" for Wolf MT, and between .54 and 1.17 for others.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.